Sr. Frontend Engineer (LATAM)
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
At WorkRamp, we believe that the best companies grow through learning. That’s why hundreds of market leaders such as Box, Lattice, and Outreach choose the Learning Cloud to power employee and customer learning. Boost employee performance, grow revenue, and scale customer success with WorkRamp. Learn more by visiting workramp.com.
🙌 Why WorkRamp?
-Recently raised a $40M Series C led by Salesforce Ventures, Slack Fund, and Susa Ventures
-Ranked #1 2023 Fortune Best Workplaces in Bay Area™ List
-Ranked #5 on 2023 Fortune Best Workplaces™ for Millennials List
-Named Among Best Workplaces in Software by Inc. Magazine for 2022
-G2’s 2023 Best Software Awards: Top 50 Best Products for Mid-Market
-G2’s 2023 Best Software Awards: Top 100 Highest Satisfaction Products
-Ranked #856 on this year’s Inc. Magazine 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America
-Made #9 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Women™ list 2022
-Mogul’s Top 100 Companies with Inclusive Benefits in 2022
-Great Place to Work® Certified August 2022-August 2023
-Named a 2022 & 2023 Y Combinator Top Company
-#1 Top-Rated LMS by The Motley Fool
-JMP Securities Hot 100 Startups: The best privately held software companies 2022
-Otta’s ROCKET LIST 2022: 100 of the fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
-#1 on Inc's 2021 Best Workplaces List for Startups
-Fortune's Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2021
-Top 100 fastest-growing SaaS companies of 2020 by SaaS Mag
⚡️Eng Team Highlights
- Strong focus on internal/upward mobility - always look to promote from within prior to external hiring efforts, clear growth frameworks/promotion paths that are based on measurable, attainable goals.
- We embrace our “Always Be Improving” and “Operational Excellence” values on a daily basis, whether it's adding/eliminating processes to help us move faster or automating existing processes to reduce cognitive load and let us focus on building.
- We are also an incredibly agile and growth-oriented team. You will truly be able to carve out your own career path here and be able to work for a leadership team that will truly support that growth by giving you projects and work to dedicate to your development.
- Collaborative environment - firm believers in no one or no idea is too big or too small to be heard. Whether or not you’re a member of one of our many guilds (architecture, security, frontend, to name a few), we empower all of our teammates to have a voice and know that their opinions and voices are heard, valued, and respected.
- Our semi-annual hackathons bring together more than half the company working on passion projects for three fun and swag-filled days. A cultural staple of our company, we take it a step further by working to greenlight as many projects as possible to get finished and pushed to production. It's not uncommon for 60 - 75% of projects to get completed and pushed to production.
🔧 What will I be doing?
We build a fast-growing, enterprise-grade training platform with lots of functionality and integrations, and a beautiful UI. Engineers are tasked with architecting projects from the ground up in a scalable, secure manner while building a growing layer of common architecture to support the expanding codebase.
👷♀️ Projects I might work on:
- Architecting, developing, and deploying new features for our core SaaS product, such as a reporting/analytics engine to surface all the training metrics generated by our system, and building the data pipeline that serves these analytical queries
- Craft beautiful, intuitive and user-friendly experiences on top of React and modern state management frameworks to serve learners and admins alike
- Design and develop integrations that seamlessly connect our product with other essential third-party tools and services, and enhance the functionality and versatility of our platform by making it an indispensable part of our users’ workflows
- Set up a continuous testing pipeline. Build up test suite and make sure it runs in a reasonable amount of time. Integrate testing with our code review tool
- Review systems designs, technology decisions, and code to ensure quality and efficiency
- Facilitate technology discussions with engineers to build consensus and create alignment around important technology decisions
💡 What skills do I need?
- Strong desire to work at an early-stage startup
- 5+ years of industry experience building product-quality software
- Hands-on Ruby on Rails development working in a fast-paced environment
- Solid grasp of Postgres or other relational databases
- Expert time-management and prioritization within a fast-paced environment
- Effective at collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Enjoy mentoring others who tend to look to you for guidance whether to solve an architecture challenge or unwind a git problem
We are tech agnostic but our tech stack consists of:
- Ruby on Rails
- ReactJS and styled-components
- Ruby on Rails tooling: RSpec, RuboCop, Brakeman, and Webpacker
- Relational databases, primarily Postgres
- Redis for caching, queuing, and pub-sub
- Deployed on AWS
- Work from anywhere within LATAM
- Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Womxn of WorkRamp, WorkRamp Asian/Pacific Islander, WorkRamp Afro-xxx/African-American/Black, LGBTQties, Juntos Latinx, WorkRamp Pride)
-Access to benefits via our EOR (Employer of Record)
- This role is fully remote and can be based anywhere in LATAM
- At this time, WorkRamp does not sponsor work visas to work in the United States and utilizes a separate Employer of Record to hire within LATAM.
-While hired via a different Employer of Record, all new hires will be treated as normal members of the WorkRamp team