Senior Accountant (f/m/d)
wefox is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better through technology. Together with more than 1300 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual’s risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant (f/m/d) to join our insurance team in Vaduz.
In this role you will:
- Develop and update our accounting and valuation standards;
- Be involved in and support the preparation of monthly closing and annual reporting;
- Cover various issues from various Local GAAP (PGR/OR/Swiss GAAP FER) to IFRS;
- Support us in the analysis and implementation of new IFRS accounting standards as well as in the preparation of procedural instructions on various accounting topics (such as improvements in the group accounting manual);
- Be involved in the general accounting of multiple entities of the group, either holding companies or business driven legal entities;
- Work together with IT, Controlling and other departments in projects to promote the innovation and further development of reporting;
- Prepare the monthly and annual financial statements of wefox Insurance AG and wefox Holding FL AG;
- Work hand in hand with the local insurance accounting team;
- Represent the accounting department in new projects and ensure the correct accounting of new business processes;
- Post all current business transactions in the accounting system (Abacus);
- Upload all current business transactions in the consolidation system (Lucanet);
- Take over the reconciliation of the sub-ledgers;
- Support ongoing automation projects;
- Lead and instruct the team on each and every Internal Control System tasks;
- Support and then take over the assignments related to reinsurance accounting.
What you bring:
- You have several years of relevant professional experience in the accounting department of an internationally active group of insurance companies
- You have very good knowledge of IFRS and consolidation according to IFRS as well as good accounting skills according to PGR/OR/Swiss GAAP FER
- You have an affinity for data, you are willing to improve in SQL databases and proficient in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
- You have an analytical and conceptual understanding as well as problem-solving skills
- You have an independent, structured and proactive way of working and are also very reliable
- You enjoy familiarising yourself with new tasks and working successfully in a team and have a hands-on mentality
- You have strong communication and writing skills in English, German is a plus
- You have experience in reinsurance and insurance accounting
- You have experience with cost centers
- You ideally have knowledge of Abacus
- You keep a cool head in hectic situations
- We are looking for a reliable, flexible, independent and team-oriented person who has the courage to take on accounting processing independently
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Training and Coaching opportunities.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Jelena Petrovic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.