Senior/Staff Technical Program Manager, Release and Configuration Management
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
A well functioning software release process is key for making continuous progress towards Waabi’s driverless autonomy product. This is a very cross-functional task that combines the definition of the best release processes with a good technical understanding of what should be included in which release and the ability to drive teams to deliver on their commitments. This release management role ensures great release performance by applying a strong technical understanding of what the release content will be and how any risk can be mitigated through verification and operational measures.
- Lead and own the end-to-end planning, coordination, timely execution and life-cycle management of all software releases for Waabi’s autonomous vehicle systems.
- Act as a central point of contact at Waabi for all matters related to the software releases of Waabi’s autonomous vehicle systems and communicate updates, progress and potential roadblocks to stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaborate across functional teams, including software and hardware development, systems engineering and operations to ensure alignment on release timelines and goals while fostering a well functioning and collaborative work environment.
- Facilitate and own regular planning, status and release meetings, and report on the key performance indicators related to the software release milestones.
- Drive the definition of the software release content and troubleshoot unexpected issues by applying your broad technical expertise and information you received.
- Evaluate and enhance Waabi’s software release processes, incorporating industry best practices and lessons learned from previous releases to ensure accurate, detailed and comprehensive release documentation that is easily accessible.
- Manage software releases across multiple hardware and software configurations.
- Implement tools and methodologies to streamline and automate release processes where applicable.
- Apply novel approaches to enforce a strict release cadence and a more flexible execution when appropriate.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Proven experience as a Technical Program Manager in the software domain, with a focus on robotics or complex embedded systems.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, release engineering, and quality assurance processes.
- Hands on experience in creating and managing software release processes including thorough documentation
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Technical experience in developing self-driving vehicles.
- Familiarity with safety-critical systems and compliance standards in the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance and risk management.
The US yearly salary range for this role is: $127,000 - $231,000 USD in addition to competitive perks & benefits. Waabi (US) Inc.’s yearly salary ranges are determined based on several factors in accordance with the Company’s compensation practices. The salary base range is reflective of the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Note: The Company provides additional compensation for employees in this role, including equity incentive awards and an annual performance bonus.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.