Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Vidyard is the video platform that's built for business. Sales reps, marketers, and corporate communicators use Vidyard to record and share videos that grab attention and deliver their message in a personal, impactful way. It's the video tool of choice for Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join our Finance team as an individual contributor. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of FP&A, you will collaborate closely with R&D and Operations teams to provide valuable insights in investment areas and new product launches. As a key player in executive decision making, you'll contribute to monthly and annual planning, as well as being involved in Board of Directors reporting. This role offers a unique opportunity for exposure to a variety of projects and the chance to help shape Vidyard's financial efficiency and transparency.
If you're seeking a dynamic role that goes beyond traditional financial analysis, embraces emerging technologies, and contributes directly to Vidyard's mission and growth, this is your opportunity!
This is a remote role open to candidates located in Canada.
About the Team
Our small but mighty Finance team consists of our Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Financial Reporting and the Sr. Manager of FP&A who you’ll report to directly. Together, this team is the backbone of Vidyard’s financial operations and they’re passionate about being collaborative, innovative and efficient!
What You’ll Work On
Strategic Business Partnership:
- Act as a strategic FP&A business partner to the R&D and Operations teams, offering valuable insights and recommendations on budgets, investment areas, and other financial considerations.
- Undertake and successfully execute special and ad-hoc projects such as external benchmarking and product level profitability, demonstrating adaptability and a proactive approach.
- Strategic owner of Operating, R&D, and capital budgets and contributing to planning initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing efficiency and accuracy within the FP&A function.
- Manage the Adaptive Insights instances, overseeing budget versions, headcount planning, user administration,testing, and overall maintenance.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of forecast data at all times, implementing measures to maintain data quality and reliability.
- Provide executive-level support for monthly and annual reporting, conduct in-depth analysis of financial results, offering comprehensive commentary, and distilling key trends.
- Collaborate on Investor and Board of Directors reporting, ensuring accuracy and relevance. Contribute to other reporting needs as required.
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 4+ years of functional experience
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Designation (or working towards)
- Experience with Adaptive Insights and/or Intacct
- Ability to conduct comprehensive financial analysis, including variance analysis, trend analysis, and financial modeling (P&L, Cash Flow & Balance Sheet).
- Experience in managing budgets, forecasting processes, and strategic financial planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with various departments and act as a strategic business partner.
- Ability to manage and lead financial projects aimed at process improvement, cost optimization, and efficiency gains.
- Flexibility and adaptability to navigate a dynamic business environment and handle an evolving financial landscape.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and data analysis.
- Commitment to staying updated on industry trends, financial best practices, and emerging technologies.
Our Tech Stack
- Adaptive Insights
- Google Suite (Sheets, Slides)
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. We are all aboard at Vidyard and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value direct and transparent communication, you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Home office stipend
- Flexibility to work in the place that brings out your best: whether you thrive in the comfort of your home office, or are local to, and prefer the energy of our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, there is flexibility for all. Although we default to remote-first there will be occasional in-person meetings/events purposefully designed for connection and collaboration.
*Benefits described are Canadian specific, if you’re located in another country our Talent team will speak with you about localized benefits for you.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.