Senior Software Developer, Growth Labs
At Vidyard, we make life easier for sellers, marketers and corporate communicators. Our video messaging tools, digital sales room platform, and other products are used by Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We're passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for a Full Stack, but Front-End leaning Senior Software Developer to join our Growth Labs team.
Reporting to the Director of Growth, you will work on a cross-functional collaborative team to improve our top-of-funnel product growth, build acquisition and retention loops, perform optimization experiments, and ultimately provide a more engaging and personalized experience for our customers. As an experienced software developer, you’ll provide technical leadership and guidance as you iterate and experiment with improvements across our products and website. This is a role for someone who loves making an impact—your work will have a direct influence on important and visible business metrics.
About the Team
Our Growth Labs team consists of a small group of developers working with Design, Product, and Marketing counterparts to create more engaging experiences for our customers. We work in an agile, metrics-focused way and perform high-impact experiments that tangibly improve our customers’ experience with our products. We’re passionate about A/B testing and validating hypotheses, as well as about maintaining high standards of software quality and performance. We collaborate with teams across all parts of the product in order to drive customer engagement and retention.
Feel free to tune into this video for more information from our Director of Growth, Karishma!
As a Senior Software Developer on the Growth Labs team, You Can Expect to:
- Work as part of a small cross-functional team with Product, Design, and Marketing counterparts to identify and deliver on opportunities to improve customer engagement metrics.
- Deliver experiments and A/B tests on Vidyard’s website, sign-up flows, and across the product.
- Iterate quickly while still maintaining high standards of code quality.
- Work within and across teams to scope and build larger cross-cutting technical projects that boost our ability to deliver value to our customers.
- Lead your teammates to write, test, and deploy scalable, performant code.
- Work across the stack, shipping both front-end (Vue.js, React.js) and back-end (Node.js, Ruby on Rails) code and monitoring its performance.
- Leverage design systems and best practices to ensure consistency.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior team members.
- Help shape our longer-term technical roadmap and inform our product growth plans.
- Level up our culture, our processes, and our best practices.
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- A solid background in software engineering—you have had 4+ years of experience shipping user-facing, scalable web products.
- The ability to work across the software stack as a generalist, while still bringing in-depth experience to either front-end or back-end development.
- A history of success delivering on user growth initiatives in an agile, iterative environment.
- Past experience working at a SaaS Product Led Growth company.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills—you strive for clarity and understanding, and you can navigate discussions around risks and tradeoffs.
- The ability to drive improvements to our standards of quality, reliability, and performance.
- Lean thinking and an experimental, metrics-driven mindset.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and a recognition that action is sometimes the best path to discovery.
- An interest in customer experience and business metrics.
- Experience mentoring others on your team.
Our Tech Stack
- Version control - e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Modern front-end stacks - e.g. Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. At Vidyard we are motivated to drive change together and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value user obsession, we prioritize our users, customers and community so you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what's important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
- Home office stipend
- Flexibility to work in the place that brings out your best: whether you thrive in the comfort of your home office, or are local to, and prefer the energy of our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, there is flexibility for all. Although we default to remote-first there will be occasional in-person meetings/events purposefully designed for connection and collaboration.
*Benefits described are Canadian specific, if you’re located in another country our People team will speak with you about localized benefits for you.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.