Senior Software Developer (Developer Acceleration)
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (Developer Acceleration) to join our Dev team! Our POS system is evolving, and therefore, our customers are demanding more product capabilities and flexibility with the current feature set. Development teams are empowered and expected to self-service their own deployments, infrastructure changes, production monitoring, and gradual rollout via feature flags.
The Developer Acceleration team provides the tools and expertise to make this possible. We are looking for an experienced developer with a similar mindset to join our independent team. As a member of Developer Acceleration, you will be a part of a close-knit group of experienced developers with a birds-eye view of all software development activities at TouchBistro. Our mission is to make our developers productive and fearless, to reduce toil, and to remove obstacles from our product development teams. We act as a force multiplier for the teams writing software for our customers.
- Build and maintain developer-facing tools that improve the local development experience
- Maintain a speedy and reliable continuous deployment pipeline
- Build libraries and abstractions that our developers use to build products and features
- Performing release platform engineering activities along with finding process improvements like; decommissioning legacy systems, inventing new tools, merging production databases, or implementation changes
- Collaboration with members of the Developer Acceleration team across a variety of domains including mobile, distributed systems, web development, systems administration and application security
All About You
- You have experience building REST-based web services (we use Node.js, Typescript, and OpenAPI)
- You have solid understanding of relational databases, including data modeling, normalization, basic performance optimization through indexes (we use Postgres)
- You are comfortable with Linux/UNIX systems (basic shell scripting, understanding of containerization technologies like Docker, some exposure to cloud systems like AWS)
- You have experience maintaining or consuming continuous integration/deployment pipelines (we use CircleCI, Docker, AWS ECS/Fargate)
- You have experience with observability systems (we use Datadog extensively for our o11y stack and have integrated Logging, APM, RUM, DBM and use most of their products in some way)
- You have experience with systems programming (we use Go)
What We Offer
At TouchBistro, we are a diverse group of restaurant-obsessed, tech-loving people brought together by a mission to support the passion and success of restaurateurs. You can feel confident joining a fun, vibrant, and rapidly growing environment. You will be working alongside driven individuals who are passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative, and respectful.
- Company equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible health and wellness plan
- Parental leave & top up
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression & professional development
- Linkedin Learning membership
- Volunteer program
- Monthly lunches
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Beautiful, brand new office space in the heart of downtown Toronto (our HQ)
TouchBistro is an all-in-one Point-of-Sale and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. We have powered more than 29,000 restaurants around the world, and we know that while passion is plenty in the restaurant industry, time and money usually aren’t. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house and customer engagement solutions on one easy-to-use platform, TouchBistro helps restaurateurs streamline and simplify their operations, increase sales, drive revenue, and deliver a stellar guest experience.
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Something looks off?