Solink is a different kind of data analytics software company. We’ve successfully made surveillance video a source of powerful insight for business owners of franchise and retail chains. We focus on security applications that combat fraud proactively and make it easier for owners to track down problems. Today we focus on loss prevention and in the future, we see every department using video to make data-driven decisions: marketing, operations, even HR.
A job at Solink means working with an amazing team and tackling one of the biggest data problems out there. We are venture-backed and focus on continuous execution to delight our customers. We have a creative and collaborative work environment, and all of our employees have meaningful equity in the company.
A bit about the role…
We are looking for an energetic, hands-on product manager to ensure we deliver on customer and partner expectations while we implement and bring unique capabilities to-market that set Solink apart in the industry.
If you not only get excited about collecting data and information but can also analyze it; you like to ensure the team is driving to have a significant impact and you enjoy connecting the dots to see a project through to ensure that everyone is marching to the same beat… Then this opportunity may be for you!
As a contributing member of the product team in a fast-paced environment, you will be a key contributor - gaining insight and organizing priorities from various stakeholders such as Customers, Sales, Marketing, Support, Success and Enablement to aid in communicating information to our engineering team through design and user validation. You are going to help define our product roadmap, ensure we deliver on our commitments, and “Make the Magic happen”.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 2 - 5 yrs of product management experience, ideally in a fast-paced SaaS environment.
- You have the ability to create and communicate strategy, and then translate that strategy to a high-quality plan with actionable tasks and milestones.
- You have a track record of data-driven decision-making, understanding trends, and delivering capabilities on time and on budget.
- You are able to crunch numbers and understand the impact a product can have on business operations.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in uncertainty and getting things done.
- You are a strong team player with the emotional intelligence to work effectively across teams to ensure cohesion and alignment.
- You can identify key tasks and possess the ability to problem-solve and create workarounds as needed.
- You have great written and communication skills.
- You are empathetic and focused on making an impact.
- You have an entrepreneurial and growth mindset.
Bonus if you...
- Have previous experience in security, video surveillance, or computer vision.
- Have a computer science or engineering background.
- Truly enjoy delivering fantastic solutions that make customers and partners happy.
- You possess a technical understanding of data, data structures, AI/ML, and APIs … and you love bringing these concepts to life in exciting products that add value for customers and partners.
- Candidates must undergo a criminal records check upon hire;
- Be a Canadian Citizen (dual citizens included), or eligible to work in Canada;
- Be willing to comply with Solink’s own security policies and standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Help define and guide requirements for Solink’s product strategy.
- Plan and manage the roadmap for your area of responsibility.
- Define feature requirements and work with product designers and developers to deliver value to our customers.
- Work with internal teams and customers to understand the various integration types, requirements, and business questions they need answered.
- You will juggle multiple projects, and manage expectations and deadlines.
- You will be customer-oriented, championing value for customers.
- You will be Pragmatic and deadline-driven.
- You will work with teams on small, fast, iterative projects to meet deadlines.
WHAT IS SOLINK?
Solink is transforming conventional data into ‘smart’ data. Solink connects and synchronizes brick-and-mortar business systems like video + Point of Sale data, to create insight into loss prevention, security, and operations issues. We find new and powerful ways for businesses to get real value from the data and footage created daily by their standard systems.
We’re one of Ottawa’s fastest-growing companies. We're not just a tech and security company - we are rapidly evolving the way that we use and think about video security, data analytics, and technology. We're enhancing the status quo to positively impact clients and customers' businesses.
We’re on a steep growth trajectory, which means lots to do, lots to learn, and lots to experience! What an exciting adventure ahead - and our Solinkians make the greatest travel companions…
Solink thrives because of our team; we know that in our business and in our daily work, people make all the difference. We’re looking for people who are driven by curiosity, hungry to innovate and striving to make an impact.
WHY WORK AT SOLINK?
Working with us means you’ll be working for a company that values your input and allows you to bring your ideas to life. We offer a collaborative, creative, supportive work environment with a culture that is undeniably fun…
All that - PLUS we offer…..
- Flexibility in your chosen hours of work by helping you get "stuff" done (encourages that work life balance);
- Opportunities for growth based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Friendly, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere that fosters collaboration;
- Creative and innovative environment that mentors, supports, motivates and inspires you to make an impact;
- Interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size, type and complexity;
- An “open-door” policy where communication and brainstorming is encouraged;
- A really positive and fun environment working with an incredibly ENERGETIC team;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Fully paid Health / dental benefits offered immediately (an additional $500 spending account for items that aren’t covered in our AMAZING benefits program);
- Monthly reimbursement toward a health and wellness;
- Extracurricular SOLINKIAN social events (annual “solink-o de mayo”, so-learns, sports teams, so-lunches, team builders, and much more)
- Please note: We currently operate within a hybrid approach.
We know that everyone has different experiences and that’s what makes all of us so unique. Solink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re looking at building our team of great people and we know that comes in various forms. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment and we encourage all candidates with interest to apply. We will provide accommodation on request through all parts of the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your cover letter and resume addressed to Princess Leia outlining why you would be the right fit for this position.