Senior Applications Analyst
Software Engineering, IT
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Meet the team:
Our mighty team of three Application Analysts support the CRM applications that Rover relies on to handle customer contact. This means you'll have the opportunity to work with a broad cross-section of Rover teams on projects that really make a difference. Our current tech stack is Zendesk for core CRM and Talkdesk for telephony. The team also supports our internal ticket management (Jira) and content management (Confluence) solutions. All of our supported apps are multi-tenant, cloud-based, i.e. no on-prem servers.
Who we're looking for:
This person will be focused on providing technical understanding and support for Rover's CRM tools - specifically Zendesk and Talkdesk. They will contribute, directly and at a high skill level, to resolving technical issues within our platforms, coordinating the implementation of new features and functionality, and collaborating with operations and program management partners to lead or contribute to major projects and initiatives. The position requires a confident, self-motivated employee who has a passion for improving Rover’s internal and external customer experience and a drive for efficiency and process improvement. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience with administering Jira Service Management and Jira Software Management products.
- Evaluate the use of Zendesk and adjacent applications, with the intent to improve efficiency and optimize Rover’s implementations
- Action a fast-paced queue of issues and requests, prioritizing these according to business impact, and resolving or implementing them in a timely manner
- Maintain expert-level technical and functional understanding of all supported applications
- Provide thought leadership on application roadmaps and identify innovations/new capabilities to meet Rover’s future needs, as well as flagging opportunities to increase our platforms’ usability, efficiency, and scalability
- Provide domain expertise to our partner teams and key customers with regard to platform capabilities and recommended solutions
- Lead or participate in projects related to supported applications
- Bachelor's degree or in lieu of a degree, comparable relevant work experience
- 3-5 years direct experience administering and optimizing Zendesk implementations for large and scaling businesses, ideally with international footprints
- Curious, creative, and hard-working technologist with well-honed project management, multitasking, prioritization, and communication skills
- Road-tested skills crafting optimal technical solutions to practical business problems
- Ability to balance attention to detail against expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to re-prioritize in response to evolving business needs
- Collaborative and contributive teammate with extraordinary attention to detail and a customer- and solution-focused approach
- Ability to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality, including the ability to compassionately and efficiently obtain requirement clarity from non-technical partners
- Good communication capabilities across a variety of channels
Nice to haves:
- Admin experience with Jira Service Management and Software products is highly desirable
- Active participant in at least one RFP, RFI, and/or RFQ
- Experience operating in Google Workspace toolset (Gmail/Calendar/Drive)
- Experience working within Agile frameworks such as kanban and scrum
- Experience with compliance and regulatory requirements, e.g. GDPR, CCPA, SOX
- Exposure to AI and Chatbots
- Rover IT is committed to creating and fostering a powerful experience of inclusivity and diversity, both in our teams and through our solutions
- We embrace progressive IT practices, focusing on cloud-based solutions and Agile frameworks
- We're serious about the quality of the services we provide and believe in measuring our performance and aspiring constantly to improve
- And dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of Working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k match
- Company equity (RSUs)
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $99,719-128,513. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.