Product Manager - Booking Simplicity
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
What we’re looking for:
We are hiring a Product Manager to join our Barcelona product team focused on improving the core user experience for our pet owners and sitters. At Rover, the product team is relied on to drive the business forward. We work as truly empowered product teams; no top-down roadmaps or Executive feature requests here.
You will be joining the product group focused on making it as easy as possible for pet parents to find the perfect care for their pet. Think: new features to improve search matching, simplified UX to remove friction, and more powerful tools to manage bookings.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of Product Management experience
- A demonstrated obsession with driving business impact through improved user experience
- Strong analytical skills, particularly proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets. Even better: you are comfortable writing SQL (but if not we’ll teach you)
- You have developed and executed your roadmaps in alignment with the team charter and company goals
- You partner closely with Design and Engineering to deliver exceptional product experiences. In fact, we’d especially love to hear you if you have a design or technical background.
- Experience consuming and understanding customer feedback via qualitative and quantitative sources
Why we'll hire you:
- You care about driving business impact via improved customer experiences. Seriously, if we could have only one bullet point here, this would be it. For this role we are more interested in someone that will spend the extra hours speaking to customers or watching usability sessions than someone that’s great at strategy and presentations (but those are nice extras too!)
- You can analyse data and present a compelling story, and you know how to run an experiment
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. When others fall away, you persevere
- You have a very strong bias toward action: although you possess the analytical capabilities to dive deep, you know when the data is good enough to inform next steps, then you go execute
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values
- Join our team in the Barcelona office. While we are still flexible about remote days, team members frequently come together to collaborate and therefore candidates must be based in Barcelona (or willing to relocate)
- Applicants must hold the right to live and work in Spain
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Company Equity (RSU's)
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.