Senior Program Manager, Process Optimization
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
***This position is approved for remote work only in the following states: WA, ID, TX, GA, NC, MI & FL***
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager who is a customer-focused, data-driven change agent who can help bring Operations’ strategic vision to life.
As a Program Manager focused on Process Optimization, you will lead improvement efforts that elevate the customer experience for our community of sitters, owners and pets. You will sharpen (and sometimes define) workflows and policies, and integrate new tools and technology that enable our frontline.
You will partner closely with internal cross-functional teams including product, operations, marketing, public relations, and legal to drive efficiency and promote safety and trust to our members of our community. You have demonstrated well-honed project management ability in previous work, and you have the ambition to build programs from the ground up.
You are a thoughtful and skilled relationship manager and are able to build connections with internal stakeholders. We will need a self-starter with a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves, can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem-solving ability. The ideal candidate has some technical prowess and a passion for data-driven insights to help them make informed decisions that improve our valued community.
- Develop, launch, and iterate scalable policies, guidelines, community standards and processes that help make the Rover community safer, more trustworthy, and more efficient.
- Understand Rover’s strategic goals and establish Operations goals and metrics that align.
- Lead process improvement, program management, operational excellence, statistical tools, and problem solving.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and policies in order to increase operational efficiency, customer satisfaction and reduce the risk exposure.
- Build a roadmap, prioritizes and coordinates various cross-functional teams.
- Routinely review key milestones with senior leaders. Troubleshoots major roadblocks and delays autonomously.
- Engage in strategic business narratives with various stakeholders. Provide thought leadership for the adoption of emerging CX and Safety tools.
- Builds trust across the organization by building strong working relationships and delivering results. Partner with product, analytics, finance and marketing to identify strategic opportunities and deliver on key cross-functional initiatives.
- Ensures we can strategically scale by leveraging technology, in-house, and outsourced resources to solve customer problems.
- 5-7 years of Program Management and/or Continuous Improvement experience
- Experience owning and driving significant improvement in operational KPIs. Demonstrates strong analytical ability and can leverage data from third-party operations tools (CRM and phone contact tools) to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated experience effectively partnering with diverse teams across complex organizations to drive outcomes.
- Experience developing, implementing, and refining customer operations measurement methods and holding self and teams accountable to ambitious customer experience and quality goals.
- Clear track record of driving success in a highly quantitative environment.
- Online marketplace experience and startup experience is preferred.
- Trust & Safety or Policy experience is preferred.
Benefits of Working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first-year salary range is $91,485 - $117,902. In Washington State outside of the greater Seattle area the first-year salary range is $90,654 - $116,830. Additionally, Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to all employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.