Technical Accounting Manager
IT, Accounting & Finance
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Accounting Manager to join the growing accounting team at Rover. The position will report directly to the Assistant Controller. Public company experience is required. You are curious, accountable, detail-oriented and have excellent organization and communication skills, while maintaining a sense of creativity and humor.
- Research, interpret and apply technical accounting issues, including new accounting guidance and pronouncements, to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Conduct research and analysis of complex accounting issues and provide recommendations to management
- Document technical accounting conclusions in clear and concise memos for review by management
- Review and analyze financial statements and related disclosures to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure timely and successful completion of audits
- Participate in the preparation and review of SEC filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements
- Maintain a thorough understanding of accounting pronouncements and changes in accounting standards, and communicate their impact on the organization to key stakeholders
- Provide training and guidance to junior accounting staff on technical accounting matters
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field; CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in technical accounting, preferably in a public accounting firm or a large, publicly traded company
- Strong understanding of GAAP and experience interpreting and applying technical accounting guidance
- Experience with SEC reporting requirements and filings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to research and analyze complex accounting issues
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex accounting issues to non-accounting stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (performed in-person and virtually)
- In the greater Seattle area the first year salary range is $108,694 - $136,046. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to all employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
See more open positions at Rover
Something looks off?