Product Analytics Manager
Product, Data Science
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
The Product Analytics Manager will manage a team of fast-paced Product Analysts that support the analytics needs of Rover’s product and design organization based out of our Barcelona office. We are looking for a leader who can roll up their sleeves and own projects end to end and support our product partners directly, while at the same time bringing the team along and developing them through clear examples of your analytical skills that you display in your individual work. Product analytics has team members based in the US and Barcelona and Rover is looking to hire a leader that can build out an analytics function in our European headquarters through support, leadership and individual contribution to the analytics team in Barcelona.
Specific areas of ownership include partnering with product to define metrics for success, proactive monitoring and narration of trends in key marketplace efficiency metrics, and the development and maintenance of data abstractions to support self-serve data stores. These responsibilities will be both as a leader of the team, as well as through your individual contribution. Product Analysts regularly dig deep into huge sets of customer, product, and market-level data, then emerge with clear business narratives and recommendations. Product analysts are also a source of thought leadership, strategy, and mentorship for colleagues across the organization seeking to develop their analytical skills.
The Manager is responsible for prioritizing, and leading a group of extremely hardworking analysts. They have an uncanny ability to provide and teach business narration based on using data; they set an example for their team in how to derive insights from our data that lead to action by owning projects and analysis and partnering with our product partners directly; and have a demonstrated ability to identify inefficiencies within our infrastructure and process. They have the ability to collaborate and partner with multiple key product team members across different focus areas of the business to help understand the priorities and support the team as they partner with the product organization. When the number of analytics requests outpaces the resources at hand, they excel at identifying and prioritizing the highest impact work. Most meaningfully, they will mentor and guide the team to distill their work into an easily digestible narrative that can be shared with the broader business.
- Effectively lead, manage, and develop a high-performance team of product analysts
- Partner with key product partners and contribute on analysis and product feature experiments as an individual contributor.
- Lead prioritization and roadmap planning on critical initiatives for the team
- Analyze and narrate trends in core efficiency metrics of the Rover marketplace and support the team in these efforts.
- Regularly present to senior leadership and the product organization any trends and insights into changes in the business along with decomposition of drivers concrete recommendations
- Support Rover’s AB testing process and rhythms. Continue to improve the organization’s decision making & product return on investment framework based on experimental design, combined with both quantitative and qualitative measures of customer success
- Partner with the product and design organization to help solve customer problems by supporting a hypothesis and data driven culture
- Partner with diverse multi-functional teams including engineering and data infrastructure to ensure efficient flow of actionable information
- 6+ years business experience in Analytics
- Proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Mode, Periscope, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience as a lead or senior team member that mentors junior analysts
- Experience working side-by-side and collaborating with integrated teams of developers, analysts, product managers, and operators as an embedded service partner
- Strong background in data-informed decision-making with thorough split testing and test design experience
- Experience working with product teams
- Strong technical, and SQL coding skills
Nice to have:
- 1+ years management experience (preferably with teams of 2 - 5 individuals)
- Experience in a two-sided marketplace
- Familiarity with Python, R, or a similar computational language
- An understanding of statistics or an ability to learn
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Company Equity (RSU's)
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
See more open positions at Rover
Something looks off?