Data Engineer - Data Platform
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
DATA ENGINEERING AT ROVER:
Data powers everything at Rover. We are a small team that works closely with all parts of the organization to ensure that the data available to the business is fresh and accurate, our application databases are healthy, and our reporting infrastructure meets the needs of everyone from analysts to the C-suite.
Do you want to help modernize our Data Platform by contributing to our ETL tooling? Perhaps you're passionate about working with folks all throughout the business from Product to Data Science. We own all things data-related at Rover, from the application databases to analytics infrastructure, which means you'll get the chance to work on exciting and impactful projects and learn a ton along the way.
- Contribute to cross team data projects to ensure our pipelines are reliable, efficient, and testable
- Communicate efficiently across team boundaries to establish overarching data architecture, and provide guidance to individual teams
- Deliver well-defined, tested, documented, and code-reviewed ETL/ELT pipelines and DBT models
- Build and maintain self-service tools that empower engineers, data scientists, and analysts to quickly get key business insights
- Collaborate with data scientists to train, deploy, and leverage Machine Learning models
- Investigate and solve data related bugs and technical issues efficiently
We don’t view anything here as a rigid requirement. Instead here are some ideas of the backgrounds we’re interested in. You might be a good fit if you have:
- 2-7 years of Data/BI/Analytics/Software engineering, data science, or similar experience
- Expertise in Python (or Java/C# etc.) with a passion for writing high-quality code
- Advanced SQL skills with experience writing/tuning/debugging queries against large datasets from multiple sources
- Experience building data processing and ETL/ELT pipelines that are reliable, properly monitored, and easy to maintain
- Familiarity with the majority of our tech stack: Python, DBT, Redshift, Docker, Spark, Kubernetes, Terraform
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
We require authorization to work in Spain and to reside in the Barcelona area
Please submit your CV in English.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
See more open positions at Rover
Something looks off?