Senior Data Scientist
Do you enjoy using a wide variety of data science skills to solve business problems? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real impact in a growing company and excited by the opportunity to utilise the latest technologies in pursuit of these goals? We're looking for an exceptional applicant to join the growing Data Team at PrimaryBid. As a key senior team member you'll have the chance to lead internal and external data science projects, influencing the strategy of the business across many functional areas.
Data, which covers Data Science, Data Analytics, and Data Engineering, is a relatively new function within PrimaryBid, focused on delivering value from PrimaryBid’s unique and proprietary data assets. We have spent the last 12 months building a best-in-class data stack, and putting data at the heart of decision-making at PrimaryBid. We are an innovative and impact-focused team, using cutting edge technologies to create market-leading capabilities in data science, machine learning, and AI.
- Lead internal data science projects; collaborate with teams including Capital Markets, Product, Marketing, and Sales to maximise the value they can get from Machine Learning and AI models and applications.
- Apply a consultative approach to identifying and managing workstreams; understanding where data can be most effectively leveraged to drive the business forwards.
- Partner with the data engineering team to spec and support the creation of new data assets required for data science projects and ML models, supporting on acquisition of external datasets where necessary
- Contribute to a collaborative and dynamic team culture across Data Analytics, Data Science and Data Engineering, promoting knowledge sharing and continuous learning.
- Utilise our best-in-class modern Data Science/ML stack (Fivetran + dbt + GCP + Vertex AI + Kubeflow) to build robust, generalisable workflows and pipelines in close collaboration with the team
- Stay up to date on trends in Data Science, ML, and AI, to ensure our products and services are market-leading.
- 5+ year’s experience in a hands-on data science / machine learning role and a passion for leveraging data to change business outcomes using a variety of appropriate methods
- Excellent Python programming for data science use cases
- Excellent SQL skills and experience with Excel (or equivalent).
- Experience working collaboratively with a data engineering team
- Experience sharing insights using Powerpoint (or equivalent) to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills.
- The Data Team uses a hybrid working model, with team-mates typically in the office 2 to 3 days per week.
- Experience with GCP Vertex AI platform/Kubeflow
- Experience with Generative AI and Large Language Models
- Experience working with BI tooling / dashboarding
- Experience working in a Fintech company
A day in the life of a Senior Data Scientist
Working closely with a number of teams/stakeholders generates a variety of work, from smaller ad-hoc pieces to longer running model building projects that last weeks rather than days. We work in two week sprints for easy alignment of priorities with the data engineering team, but the fast moving nature of the business can mean pivoting to new priorities from time to time. Despite this, quarterly prioritising roadmap sessions ensure that we get the necessary time to complete larger projects while maintaining a strong focus on building reusable components and pipelines.
- Meet & Greet
- If your profile looks good, then we want to meet you! Let’s have an informal chat to get to know each other better. This chat is as much an opportunity for us to get to know you, as it is for you to understand more about the role and the plans for the business.
- Technical Assessment
- We invite you to complete our bespoke technical task. This will give you a chance to showcase your skills and present them back to our team.
- Team interview
- Once you’ve been shortlisted, we will invite you for a technical interview with one or two senior members of the Data team. This is an opportunity to meet the people you’ll be working with and ask any technical questions you may have.
- Final Interview
- If all goes well with the technical interview, we invite you to meet some members of the leadership team for a final chat.