Senior Software Engineer
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to be a core member of our growing engineering team as we continue to expand globally. This individual will contribute to the full software cycle of the PrimaryBid platform and take pride in their involvement. As we progress to our next phase of growth, this role will be instrumental in designing and building new features for our platform within a close-knit distributed team.
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development.
- Mentor and guide developers within your team, promoting a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Become an expert in your domain area while collaborating with others to continuously improve and expand your domain’s capabilities.
- You are a team player. Your ideas are important, but you take a pragmatic approach to solving problems and have a product-first mindset
- We are scaling up, so you’ll be adaptable to change and willing to own any complex task given to you and see it through to production
- Work closely with your team to understand and break down tasks to simple chunks for streamlined delivery
- Perform code reviews and motivate team members to learn from your insightful feedback.
- Display proficiency in full-stack engineering, working with your team to transform ideas from product requirements into functional features while focusing on our outcome driven development.
- Effectively communicate with your Team Leads, Product, Design, and Stakeholders to dissect and understand intricate challenges.
To excel in this role, you will:
- Be familiar working with and developing microservice-based applications and understanding the common patterns around these.
- Showcase leadership attributes and derive satisfaction from uplifting junior developers in their professional journey.
- Have solid experience in React development.
- Have significant experience in Node.js development.
- Design and develop scalable APIs and associated services.
- Have experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB.
- Be open to exchanging ideas and perceive feedback as a learning opportunity.
- Have prior experience and enthusiasm for suggesting and implementing improvements within your team or the wider engineering function.
Our Tech Stack:
- React frontends (built with NextJS)
- NodeJS microservices (built with NestJS)
- Microservice architecture throughout our system (stitched together with NATS)
- MongoDB for data storage
- Predominantly GraphQL gateways complemented by several REST endpoints
- Comprehensive kubernetes deployment, inclusive of local environments
A day in the life of a Senior Software Engineer
"My days are split between focus time dedicated to solving complex problems, helping my teammates and working with my team lead to plan and coordinate the work. I usually dedicate the first hours of the day on coding tasks. I would be adding new full stack features, writing automated tests, improving the performance of a particular process and everything in between. For the rest of the morning I will be reviewing code, testing the new features or continue to code depending on the progress and the priority of the pending tasks. The second part of my day is usually a mix between helping my teammates with their tasks and working with my team lead to plan new tasks. Pair programming with and mentoring my teammates, collaborating with team leads and product managers to plan deliveries and manage dependencies, investigating issues with the QA team, collaborating with product managers and my team in the discovery phase and more."
Technical Interview - Once you’ve been shortlisted, we will invite you for a technical interview that will be with 2 members of the technology team, who will dig deeper into your experience.
This interview is as much an opportunity for you to understand more about the role and the plans for the business as much as us digging deeper into your experience.
Technical Assessment - If this role sounds exciting to you, we invite you to complete our bespoke technical task. This will give you a chance to showcase your skills.
Final Interview - If all goes well at the technical interview / assessment, we invite you to meet some members of the leadership team.