The Design team is responsible for everything around our brand experience, how we look, feel, and sound. The team sits alongside Marketing, and works with every business area to define, create and produce collateral that represents who we are, and what we’re on a mission to achieve in the capital markets. We’re a highly-inclusive, multi-disciplinary team composed of Brand Designers, Presentation Specialists and Motion Designers, and we work closely with Product Designers who sit within the Product function.
The Creative Director has broad responsibilities spanning creative vision, strategic leadership and team management. The Creative Director will be responsible for defining and delivering the creative expression of our brand, ensuring that it is ever evolving and representative of who we are and what we stand for as a business. The Creative Director will sit on PrimaryBid’s commercial committee, playing a key role in developing and supporting its international sales and marketing strategy, while ensuring that design resources are deployed to maximum effect. The Creative Director will have autonomy to build and evolve PrimaryBid’s design resources, leveraging both in-house talent and external support. The Creative Director will report to the VP Corporate Affairs & Marketing, who reports to the CEO.
- You’ll be responsible for owning the creative vision at PrimaryBid and creating a space for others to collaborate;
- You’ll lead a team of multi disciplined creatives and partner with leadership across Product Design, Marketing, Capital Markets, and Communications to elevate our brand, brand communication and campaigns to deliver on business OKRs;
- You’ll be responsible for both leading and guiding creative projects across all our communication channels, delivering innovative and engaging, campaigns and content;
- You’ll continually seek out opportunities to challenge, improve and refine our brand creative executions;
- You’ll generate pioneering ideas and concepts that set new industry standards in a hyper-competitive financial services landscape;
- You’ll allocate resources and attention to areas that promise the highest impact;
- You’ll act as a custodian of the brand guidelines to ensure consistent and effective application;
- You’ll be responsible for the organisational structure of the in-house team and lead recruitment by developing a hiring framework, running interviews, setting tasks and onboarding new team members
- You’re an excellent communicator who can articulate their work to C-Level executives, clients. and external partners (creative, digital agencies, etc.);
- You have an outstanding portfolio of real world commercial projects that demonstrate craft across channels and includes brand marketing, integrated advertising and product marketing;
- You’re a strong conceptual creative and an expert practitioner
- You have extensive agency or in-house experience creating world class creative work across multiple channels at at varying scales;
- You have a proven track record of building high quality creative teams through the use of hiring frameworks that balance personality and competency;
- You are an empathetic leader who is able to constructively guide and mentor creatives at all levels to achieve success against measured goals / KPIs;
- You have experience managing outsourced agencies and production partners, and enjoy external collaboration and representing the business.
- Hands-on experience working within a FinTech or other financial services organization
- Hands-on experience working within a SaaS environment
- Experience working in a product-centric environment
A day in the life of our Creative Director
A day in the life of our Creative Director could range from team calls to set priorities, feedback sessions, or creative workshops, through to strategy meetings, collaborative ideation with other function leaders, or aligning our design vision across brand and product experiences.
This will be an initial screening call with the VP Corporate Affairs & Marketing to understand more about your experience and what you are looking for in the next role. It is also an opportunity for you to get to know the team, the business etc. Our hiring managers love it when a candidate comes prepared, hence we recommend you do your research on the company, the role etc.
This is an in-depth interview to talk at length about your experience with a few people from the design team. At this stage, you will also get to know about the potential projects you could be involved in. Every interview we conduct is an opportunity for you to assess the role, the business and the team and see how aligned it is with your career goals and plans, hence please do come prepared with lots of questions.
Final Interview - Values Interview
You will be meeting with some of the members of the PrimaryBid team. It is an informal call for team members from other teams, who you will possibly work closely with to get to know you and the values you believe in. The objective of this interview is to understand if your values are aligned with that of the team and the company overall.