Senior Product Designer
The Product Design team is responsible for the tangible experience that a user has with our products and platforms. They work with Product, Engineering and business stakeholders to ensure that our user journeys, interfaces and interaction points are innovative, impactful, empathetic to a user's needs and most importantly, easy to use, while focused on business metrics to drive acquisition, activation, and engagement.
- You’ll be responsible for being the voice of the customer and creating best in class user experiences for a suite of financial products
- You’ll be part of a group of Product Designers and partner with dynamic and diverse teams within product, engineering and marketing to collaboratively drive innovation
- You’ll seek out opportunities to challenge, improve and refine our product and design principles
You’ll join a culture which prizes inclusion, equality and transparency in everything we do
- You’ll join one of the fastest growing fintechs in Europe with funding from some of the largest organisations on the planet.
- You’ll receive a remuneration package including a highly competitive salary and benefits, plus share options which give you ownership in the business you will help to build.
- You’re able to clearly understand the user - whether a retail investor, an investment broker - and define jobs to be done, problems encountered, and quantifiable metrics for success. You’re passionate about how the experience works and how it looks
- You’re able to contribute to strategic product decisions around what it means to be a best in class product, and clearly articulate what is important to a user and how that translates into the overall product functionality
- You can create and execute on user research plans, and progress on that during all stages of the product life cycle
- You’re able to use user insights and data to drive your design decisions in order to identify potential issues and create impactful user experiences
- You can own the end-to-end design depending on need (identifying gaps, conducting necessary research, developing flows and interface design) across multiple features and products
- You’re used to working closely with engineering and product to quickly spike solutions and ship improvements
- You have strong experience when it comes to improving the experience of complex software solutions that serve multiple products and platforms.
- You’re experienced in design planning and have a strong bias towards action
- You have a portfolio of real world, commercial projects with which you can clearly demonstrate your contributions and successes
- You’re comfortable presenting designs, prototypes and concepts to the product team and to the entire company, including senior stakeholders
- 6+ years of experience in product design, ideally within a technology forward company
- Bachelor’s degree level or higher in user interface design or similar
- Experience with design for responsive web experiences and mobile applications (iOS, Android)
- Experience in working with Design Systems
- Experience in designing wireframes and user interfaces with Figma, tracking and documenting progress using JIRA, and conducting both remote and in-person design workshops utilising tools such as FigJam or Miro.
- Experience in collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers to align goals, develop solutions, and ensure smooth implementation throughout the development cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with design for native apps
- Experience working across B2C and B2B products
- Experience working with a fast paced, global fintech
A day in the life of a Senior Product Designer
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team contributing to the success of products at PrimaryBid. Work here is fast-paced and you could be working across any type of project required. You'll be leading end-to-end design of an initiative, from conducting user research, defining jobs to be done, creating wireframes, prototypes or detailed designs, or running QA sessions with product managers and engineers. We’re a highly collaborative team and there’s a raft of product and design opportunities to get involved with that cover retail investor and business broker users.
Once you’ve been shortlisted, we’ll invite you for a competency interview with the hiring manager, who will dig deeper into your experience. This interview is a great opportunity for you to find out more about the role as well as plans for the business, so feel free to ask any questions.
This will be a technical conversation based around your skills and hands-on experience. You'll meet some of the PrimaryBid design team that you’ll be working/collaborating with on a daily basis.
If all goes well at the technical interview, we'll invite you to a final chat to wrap up the process.