Director of Engineering, Apps & Solutions - Remote
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to lead a group of applications and solutions-focused engineering teams. In this role, you will report directly to our VP Engineering and be held accountable for the success of multiple product development squads, including team structure and staffing, engineering practices and quality, and delivery against our product roadmap. You will partner closely with your product management counterpart to set objectives, metrics, and roadmap to drive success for this part of our business. You will also help shape our long-term engineering vision and strategy, and be responsible for mentoring and developing engineering leaders throughout the organization.
At League, our product development squads are composed of backend, web, and mobile developers, who work together in dedicated cross-functional teams with product managers and designers. Each team focuses on a specific area of our business, with the goal of rapidly designing and delivering high quality software for our growing customer base. Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. We build backend services with Go and MongoDB, a web frontend with React, and native Android and iOS applications. We ship code to production multiple times per day, and we’re always looking to improve both the quality and speed of our releases.
- Own and be accountable for all engineering aspects of product delivery
- Collaborate closely with product leaders to influence product strategy, roadmap, and process
- Work with your teams to set clear and measurable objectives, and drive them to completion
- Build a high performing team through the ongoing development of current team members and leaders
- Develop and lead inclusive, welcoming, and effective recruiting processes
- Maintain relationships with senior leaders and colleagues throughout the company and our external partners, and represent engineering in cross-functional projects and to the company and partners. at large
- Proactively identify areas of improvement where engineering teams can make a difference and work with other teams to make those improvements happen
- 10+ years experience building software applications
- 5+ experience managing development teams
- A passion for nurturing the careers of the people on your team and developing the next generation of leaders
- Thoughtful people leader capable of motivating and inspiring confidence
- Understands and practices agile software development
- Capable of identifying problems before they occur and helping the team to reach solutions and make decisions
- Excels at getting the team to focus on the highest priority/value features/projects
- Represent engineering in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Mentors emerging team leaders and engineering managers
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks. Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.
Something looks off?