Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
We’re a highly skilled team building an awesome product and moving fast. We value people who take initiatives, and empower everyone at Klue to make a real change in the product or processes.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to work with our team to deliver high-quality and valued data assets to internal + external stakeholders.
Q: Klue who?
A: We’re Klue and from a technical perspective, Klue’s mission is to descale huge amounts of data to the human level, so people can process it and make use of it. Klue is that trusted intermediary, right now it’s proven for sales enablement, but tomorrow it’s all teams enablement.
Q: What level of experience are we looking for?
A: Right now we are looking for a Senior Analyst. 5+ years experience working on Analytics projects.
Q: What is our analytics team working on?
A: We are producing high-quality data assets with proven business value for analytical, operational, and embedded use cases. Here’s what our team is working on:
Continuously engaging data consumers to support business goals with quality data assets
Creating/maintaining contracts with data producers to ensure source systems remain compatible with analytics pipelines and support business goals
Deploying reliable pipelines with robust testing to identify quality/security issues before they materialize
Paying down data debt and sunsetting under-utilized assets often
Developing a flexible modelling layer and DataOps practices that enable a rapid-release cadence
High-level deliverables are primarily:
Embedded Analytics for Customers (primarily product usage and sales data)
Operational Analytics uses cases for internal revenue teams
Product Analytics for the Product Management team
Q: What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years experience delivering timely reports/dashboards for actionable insights
- Proven ability to communicate with data consumers, identify business needs and manage analytics projects that prioritize business value
- Advanced SQL for report writing and analysis
- Expertise with any BI tool(s). Looker/Tableau/Mode/other.
- Expertise in cloud data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.. BigQuery preferred)
- Experience in building and maintaining data pipelines, ideally using dbt
- Bonus: Experience building/managing data teams
- Bonus: Expertise building and maintaining data pipelines, ideally using dbt
- Bonus: Expertise with git/GitHub
- Bonus: Expertise Python/R for analysis
Q: What motivates our current team right now?
- Being a valued partner to the business by focusing on business outcomes over outputs
- Applying new and relevant data tooling to valuable use cases
- The inspiration from skilled and proven leaders
- Entrepreneurial fingerprints on what will be a future billion dollar company anchored in Canada
- Culture, team, and the work environment
- High degree of autonomy and accountability
- High degrees of transparency and high-quality communication
Total compensation & benefits:
- Are you remote-friendly? The best way to describe us is flexible-hybrid. The ideal candidate will be located in PST or EST, but we are open to other Canadian locations for the right person. We have hubs in Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON and we currently have team members across Canada and other countries.
- Time off. Take what you need. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, & keeping a work-life balance. Just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. You need to take at least two weeks off every year. The average Klue team member takes 2-4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Benefits start on day one!
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Lastly, we take potential into consideration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specifics listed above. If you know you have what it takes, even if that’s different from what we’ve described, be sure to explain why in your application. Reach out and let’s see if there is a home here for you now or in the future.
We’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us:
✅✅ Win-Loss Acquisition (2023)
🅰️ Series A (2020)
🐅 Series B (2021)
🐝 About Us