Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
👋 You found us. Awesome. Something led you here, maybe a glimpse of potential and something amazing? Well that’s how we feel about Klue.
Who are we?
Klue is a VC backed, capital-efficient high growth SaaS. Tiger Global and Salesforce Ventures led our US$62m Series B in the fall of 2021. We’re creating the category of competitive enablement: helping companies understand their market and outmaneuver their competition. We benefit from having an experienced leadership team working alongside several hundred risk-taking builders who elevate every day.
We’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone HC, a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 winner, and recipient of both the Startup of the Year and Tech Culture of the Year awards at the Technology Impact Awards.
We are looking for an Account Manager to help us grow our team!
Tools we use: G-suite, Slack, Zoom, Staircase, Outreach, Gong, ZoomInfo & of course, Klue! Some of our existing clients include Cisco, Hubspot, Shopify and Dell.
This is you:
- Proven experience in account management and/or sales experience in a high-tech, fast-paced SaaS environment
- Want to be in the start-up world, thrive on change and hyper growth
- Technically proficient: you demo software without an SE or CSM
- You roll up your sleeves, produce and lead by example
- Disciplined about your work: setting/hitting goals every day
- Passionate and articulate, never afraid to speak your mind
- Experience developing strategies on assigned accounts in partnership with Customer Success Managers to fully maximize technology business value and impact
- You have led projects from conception through execution and have experience working with and leveraging internal resources to get things done
- You are an engaging storyteller and know how to build trusted relationships with executive sponsors and end users
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships, rapport and establish trust through a consultative approach
- Eagerness to learn, rampant curiosity, a passion for technology and for being part of a fast-growing SaaS company
Bonus Points for:
- Experience selling software in the competitive intelligence, market intelligence or sales enablement space
- Direct revenue ownership across a portfolio of accounts managing multiple stakeholders
This is what you’ll be responsible for day-to-day:
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing customers by selling additional solutions, services and by prospecting into new departments
- This role will be a combination of hunting and farming with current accounts
- Manage renewals, expansion and negotiations for a portfolio of strategic customers
- Create strategic account and engagement plans to effectively develop and grow key stakeholder relationships
- Gain a deep understanding of customer business challenges and identify and propose solutions to address their needs
- Consult with and advise Klue customers with a goal to drive broader deployment and value of Klue across their organization
- Coordinate with internal teams including Customer Success, Marketing and Product to ensure we’re aligned on strategy to meet Klue’s revenue performance objectives
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of your customers’ industry, technology, products and services
What you’ll be measured on:
- Revenue expansion and retention
- Expansion pipeline development
- Competitive base compensation plus generous commission plan
- Extended health & dental benefits that kick in Day 1
- Opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Time off. Take what you need. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, & keeping a work-life balance. Just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. You need to take at least two weeks off every year. The average Klue team member takes 2-4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Direct access to our leadership team, including our CEO
- Be part of a high performing sales team who know how to celebrate their success!
Lastly, we take potential into consideration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specifics listed above. If you know you have what it takes, even if that’s different from what we’ve described, be sure to explain why in your application. Reach out and let’s see if there is a home here for you now or in the future.
We’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us:
✅✅ Win-Loss Acquisition (2023)
🅰️ Series A (2020)
🐅 Series B (2021)
🐝 About Us
See more open positions at Klue
Something looks off?