Customer Success Manager, Mid-Market
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2022
👋 You found us. Awesome. Something led you here, maybe a glimpse of potential and something amazing? Well that’s how we feel about Klue.
Who are we?
Klue is a VC backed, capital-efficient high growth SaaS company. Tiger Global and Salesforce Ventures led our US$62m Series B in the fall of 2021. We’re creating the category of competitive enablement: helping companies understand their market and outmaneuver their competition. We benefit from having an experienced leadership team working alongside several hundred risk-taking builders who elevate every day.
We’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone HC, a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 winner, and recipient of both the Startup of the Year and Tech Culture of the Year awards at the Technology Impact Awards.
As a Customer Success Manager you will maximize customer value and you will minimize churn through best-in-class platform adoption to protect, defend and prime Klue's customer base for future growth through expansion.
You will own the customer experience and business outcomes of the Joint Success Plan to ensure high adoption and best-in-class content quality, the two hallmarks of a strong competitive enablement program.
What success looks like in your role:
- You develop and maintain product expertise for all supported use cases and user personas including Product Marketing, Competitive Intelligence, Market Intelligence, Sales, Customer Success, Product Managers, Marketing and Executive audiences to act as your customers' trusted advisor.
- You develop content expertise for supported use cases and user personas referenced above.
- You are able to influence, persuade and inspire customers to change behaviour and to drive the customer's internal change management needs resulting in best in class adoption metrics and an elimination of the status quo tools and processes.
- You own and turn around common at risk scenarios.
- You are fluent in your understanding of key SaaS metrics and ones important to Klue: GRR, NRR, Net Retention, Churn, TTV and other team, industry and Board-level metrics for your Book of Business.
Leading indicators of success you'll be measured on:
- Platform adoption - user frequency, depth, breadth (% customers above the usage benchmark)
- Content quality - best practices (% customers with content quality scores above the ‘what good looks like’ benchmark)
- Advocacy - customer referenceability, G2 reviews, NPS, case studies
- Expansion Pipeline - CSQLs (customer success qualified leads)
Lagging indicators of success you'll be measured on:
- GRR (gross revenue retention)
- NRR (net revenue retention)
- Logo retention
- Customer ROI (Klue’s proprietary measurement)
What we’re looking for:
- You want your customer to own the spotlight and are their biggest champion
- You have a natural ability and desire to build strong internal and external relationships and trust
- You get energized by and look forward to high-touch customer engagements
- You are tenacious and resilient to ensure your customers achieve outsized success
- You aspire to become an expert in customer change management and software adoption tactics and strategies
How We Work:
- Hybrid Work. Our main Canadian hubs are in Vancouver and Toronto, and most of our team is located in EST and PST. Ideally, this role would be located in Toronto or Vancouver. Your team will be in office at least 2 days per week, if you are within a reasonable commuting distance of the office, we’ll see you there!
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive base compensation
- Extended health & dental benefits that kick in day 1
- Opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Time off. Take what you need. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, & keeping a work-life balance. Just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. You need to take at least two weeks off every year. The average Klue team member takes 2-4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Direct access to our leadership team, including our CEO
- Be part of a high performing CS team who know how to celebrate their success!
Lastly, we take potential into consideration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specifics listed above. If you know you have what it takes, even if that’s different from what we’ve described, be sure to explain why in your application. Reach out and let’s see if there is a home here for you now or in the future.
We’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us:
✅✅ Win-Loss Acquisition (2023)
🅰️ Series A (2020)
🐅 Series B (2021)
🐝 About Us