Intermediate Product Designer, Platform Experience
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, electricians, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
As an instrumental part of the larger Product Development team, our Product Designers work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to achieve goals for our business and our customers. Product Design at Jobber is decentralized, meaning you’ll work in tandem with a set group of Engineers and Product Managers, gaining expertise and becoming a design leader for your peers. This group is central to the success of Jobber—focused on creating software that delivers value to tens of thousands of people around the world!
Our Product Design team turns sketchbook ideas into impactful user experiences. By balancing UI, UX, research, and content design, we shape all parts of the user's experience. In this role, uncover user and business problems and turn them into polished interfaces and amazing experiences. You’ll report to a Sr. Design Manager focused on challenging you, developing your skills, and helping you grow further in your career!
In this position, you will play a pivotal role within our Automations and Platform Experiences team, empowering collaboration between small businesses and third-party app developers to enhance productivity. This team tackles everything from how developers leverage our Developer Tools and API to extend how those creations get positioned and launched to home service businesses in our platform. Come shape the future of an open and powerful app ecosystem for small businesses with us!
What you’ll do at Jobber:
- Spearhead the creation and integration of experiences on everything from a developer consuming open API tool to our service pros discovering and installing integrations
- Set a design vision for your team and stakeholders through things like wireframes, written word, flow diagrams, interface designs, mockups etc.
- Contribute to UX strategy within the platform space in close partnership with your Product Owner.
- Strive to understand your users through qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Ensure your team is delivering a consistent, thoughtful and thorough user experience with all of the work they release.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Experience as a designer in a team setting working with the web or mobile saas products.
- Mastered the tools needed for your craft (we use Figma, Miro, pencil and paper and a few others) and know when to use which tool.
- Comprehends the difference between a good and bad user experience and influences positive change to the latter.
- Is an expert in visual and interaction experience that can be seen in your shared portfolio.
- Digs into customer pains and come out the other end with beautiful solutions and engaging experiences.
- Understands the constraints and opportunities of designing for the web and mobile and is comfortable collaborating on solutions with engineers.
- Is a self-starter. We don’t want someone who just follows instructions. We believe in autonomy and trust at Jobber.
- Is an expert in collaboration. Design is all about communication; next-level communication skills, including written, verbal, and visual are a must.
- Is curious. You won’t always have success in what you make, so seeing the positive side of failure will drive you forward.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!