Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Does driving growth at one of Canada’s fastest growing startups excite you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Growth Marketing Manager to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
The Demand Generation team at Jobber works together to develop, manage, and optimize integrated campaigns that drive leads for our self-serve and sales-assisted funnels.
We’re looking for a senior and highly strategic growth marketer to drive results across well-established PPC and PPL programs, as well as test and scale new customer acquisition channels. As a valued member of the Demand Gen. team, you’ll work cross-functionally to generate awareness among home service businesses, convert and monetize existing in-market demand, and help prospects keep Jobber top-of-mind.
Reporting to the Director, Demand Generation, the Senior Growth Marketing Manager will own the design, implementation and analysis of programs that will drive user acquisition. You’ll utilize important data to make decisions, work collaboratively with other stakeholders to understand the overall ecosystem of the department, and be given a level of autonomy to hold yourself accountable to decisions, outcomes and timelines that impact your work.
The Senior Growth Marketing Manager will:
- Dig into the data. You’ll leverage customer and performance data to draw insights, develop hypotheses and proactively recommend opportunities to increase conversion rates and build new channels (e.g. radio, podcast, display/programmatic).
- Figure out what we need and make it happen. In addition to pioneering new channels, you’ll design the roadmap and be responsible for scaling existing lead generation and direct acquisition programs.
- Flex your project management abilities. You’ll need to keep multiple concurrent projects, programs, and campaigns on schedule, on budget, and within scope.
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams. Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll be coordinating with teams like Brand & Creative, Lifecycle Marketing, and Product Marketing to make magic.
- Communicate your findings to other stakeholders. As you build your ideas, you’ll have the opportunity to own your program’s success. You’ll do this by presenting and explaining your growth proposals to stakeholders for launch approval. As well, you’ll communicate progress and present results and insights to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
To be successful, you should have:
- 5+ years experience in performance marketing and project management.
- An entrepreneurial outlook, plenty of motivation, and a passion for helping small businesses.
- Experience leveraging digital advertising platforms (e.g Google Ads, Meta, Microsoft Ads, ASA, TikTok) to acquire customers and optimize for ROAS.
- A proven track record of directly and efficiently managing a $1M+ performance marketing budget and being responsible for customer growth and revenue targets.
- Experience leveraging a scientific, data-driven approach to build and scale net new customer acquisition channels through incremental testing and optimization.
- Ability to extract and action meaningful insights from analytics platforms and/or CRMs (e.g. Data Studio, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Tableau).
- Flexible and responsive - ability to prioritize multiple tasks as needed and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate proactively.
- An affinity for using data and effective storytelling to persuade and inspire others to rapidly resource your programs.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize, work independently, and learn quickly.
It would be nice (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Knowledge of software-as-a-service (SaaS) and common performance metrics.
- Bachelors or masters degree in business administration, or equivalent experience.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!