Senior Manager, Growth Marketing
Does driving growth at one of Canada’s fastest growing startups excite you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Growth Marketing to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
The Demand Generation team at Jobber is small, but savvy. We work together to develop, manage, and optimize integrated campaigns that drive leads for our self-serve and sales-assisted funnels.
As a valued member of the Demand Gen. team, you’ll lead the Growth Marketing group to drive awareness among home service businesses, convert and monetize existing in-market demand, and help prospects keep Jobber top-of-mind.
Reporting to the Director, Demand Generation, the Senior Manager, Growth Marketing will support the design, implementation and analysis of new programs that will drive user acquisition. You’ll utilize important data to make decisions, work collaboratively with other stakeholders to understand the overall ecosystem of the department, and be given a level of autonomy to hold yourself accountable to decisions, outcomes and timelines that impact your work.
The Senior Manager, Growth Marketing will:
- Dig into the data. You’ll leverage customer and campaign performance data to draw insights, develop hypotheses and proactively recommend testing opportunities to develop new channels and increase conversion rates.
- Figure out what we need and make it happen. There’s lots of opportunities for new paid marketing channels and you’ll be the person qualifying and pursuing the best. As well, you’ll perform various campaign-related support functions and reporting, as needed.
- Flex your project management abilities. You’ll be responsible for managing multiple and concurrent test projects (e.g. new demand gen channel tests, optimizing existing channels), and need to keep them on schedule and within scope.
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams. Our Marketing department is extremely collaborative, so you’ll be coordinating the development and implementation of Demand Generation marketing assets with teams like Brand & Creative and Product Marketing to make magic.
- Communicate your findings to other stakeholders. As you build your ideas, you’ll have the opportunity to own parts of your team’s success. You’ll do this by presenting and explaining your test proposals to stakeholders for launch approval. As well, you’ll document outcomes, report progress and communicate results and recommendations to the larger team and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
To be successful, you should have:
- 5+ years direct experience acquiring customers with Facebook Ads and other digital advertising platforms (e.g. Google Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads, etc.) to acquire customers and optimize for ROAS.
- 2+ years experience managing a performance/growth marketing team. In this time, you’ll have gained experience in people leadership, strategy development, and project management.
- An entrepreneurial outlook, plenty of motivation, and a passion for helping small businesses.
- A proven track record of effectively managing performance marketing budgets >$10M and being responsible for customer growth and revenue targets.
- Experience leveraging a scientific, data-driven approach to develop net new paid acquisition channels through incremental testing and optimization.
- Ability to extract and action meaningful insights from analytics platforms and/or CRMs (e.g. Data Studio, Google Analytics, Salesforce).
- Flexible and responsive - ability to prioritize multiple tasks as needed and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate proactively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask, work independently, and learn technical information quickly.
It would be nice (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Experience leading cross-functional digital marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of software-as-a-service (SaaS) and common performance metrics.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!