Marketing Automation Manager
Do you enjoy working with data and automation tools to activate measurable growth?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Marketing Automation Manager to be part of our Revenue Operations team in our Business Operations (BizOps) Department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Like Jobber empowers small businesses with the tools and insights they need to succeed, the BizOps Department ensures our people at Jobber have the tooling, data insights, and strategic direction to excel in our shared mission. We turn data into actionable insights, and work with departments across the company to execute against their mandates. Essentially, BizOps serves as a central hub that drives business outcomes in different corners of Jobber, with specialized groups including Business Strategy, Revenue Operations, Business Analytics, and Business Technology.
Revenue Operations is a business function that aims to maximize Jobber’s revenue potential. RevOps drives full-funnel accountability through the alignment of Marketing, Sales and Customer Success and helps operationalize Jobber’s GTM strategy. The core mandate not only includes managing, scaling and optimizing the operations of the revenue teams but also driving efficiency and helping drive results through key metrics for the business.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Operations, the Marketing Automation Manager will:
- Support and manage Jobber’s Marketing Automation instance. This includes serving as a center of excellence and subject matter expert on marketing automation; maintaining database health; executing campaigns through our tooling; and supporting the implementation of any new tooling that connects with our marketing automation; understanding how data flows between our MarTech tools and work with the rest of the BizOps team to build data connections between tools.
- Bring campaigns/journeys from our Marketing team to life. This includes collaborating cross-functionally primarily with our Marketing team as a strategic partner and best practices advisor for email marketing; building both one-off and always-on campaigns and journeys to support the strategies of primarily the Lifecycle Marketing, Product Marketing, and Brand Marketing & Communications; utilizing our data warehouse (if necessary) and tools like Zapier to pull in data into our marketing automation tools.
- Perform list segmentation and contact routing. This includes building the appropriate segmentation for our one-off messages/campaigns/journeys; recommending to our Marketing stakeholders who we should be targeting for our messages; and contributing to how our leads/contacts move throughout the journey, customer lifecycle, and to and from different tools.
- Report on, and optimize, campaigns and journeys. This includes developing and maintaining reports in-platform and working with our Business Analytics team to develop reports outside of the marketing automation tool; proactively communicate insights and results to key stakeholders; plan and perform A/B testing to optimize for future campaigns and optimize current journeys.
- Document and create road maps for marketing automation standard operating procedures, any current and future testing and experimentation, and insights on campaigns/journeys/promotions.
To be successful, you should have:
- 3+ years of experience in email marketing and/or marketing automation.
- Knowledge and use of marketing automation platforms and CRM platforms. Bonus if you have experience with either Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, or Eloqua.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and maintaining contact lists, marketing lists, segmentation parameters, and other campaign-related items.
- Understanding of marketing automation analytics, email marketing analytics, and KPIs related to automated marketing channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience with HTML/CSS and understanding how templates are loaded and coded into a marketing automation tool.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!