Risk Program Manager
Do you have what it takes to help shape Jobber's Risk landscape?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Risk Program Manager to be part of our Fintech department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We're investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid using Jobber Payments, offer financing to their customers, or access capital to invest in growth - we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive.
Our Risk team is a critical part of the broader Fintech team, and core to Jobber’s success - focusing on keeping both Jobber Payments customers and Jobber safe.
As our next Risk Program Manager you will play an important role in combating the bad actors of Jobber. Working closely alongside the rest of the Risk team, you’ll contribute to managing risk on a day to day basis, leading the complex cases and projects that can stem within this domain. You’ll be seen as the subject matter expert both on your team and in the company, ensuring existing Risk policies and support processes are optimized across Jobber as new products, projects, and processes launch. Our Fintech business is growing, so you’ll be positioned to help elevate our Risk function over the coming years while also elevating your own skills in this area!
Some other things the Risk Program Manager will accomplish:
- Contribute to the monitoring of accounts and transactions to identify and predict risky behavior that could result in losses and take ownership of resolving these issues. You will work closely with our customers, your teammates, and other areas of the business to protect Jobber from any fraudulent or high risk activity.
- Aim to improve existing policies and workflows and help build a strong, scalable risk management and operations program. We want you to become a steward for Jobber’s processes, ensuring that proposed changes meet the outcomes required and optimize our key metrics - all while minimizing risk.
- You’ll share insights, recommendations, and drive operational improvements by aligning between Jobber’s product, automation and Risk Operations teams in partnership with team leadership.
- Mentor a growing team of Risk Ops Analysts. While this role is not a people leadership position, you will be seen as a role model and subject matter expert, helping grow everyone's skill set.
- Partner cross-functionally with stakeholders within and outside of the Risk organization to influence planning and partner with projects aimed at enhancing operational efficiencies that improve top-line metrics.
- Be a thought leader and source of ideas and insights to continually evolve and improve Jobber’s Risk Management practices.
To be successful, you should have:
- Domain expertise in Fraud Risk and Credit Risk operations in Fintech, payments and/or banking
- Demonstrated progressive experience within a fast paced, high growth company (e.g. fintechs, neobanks, payment facilitators)
- Proven experience and ability to drive or support end-to-end execution of projects/programs that have transformed their company’s operations both within and outside of Risk
- Experience working closely with cross functional stakeholders
- Intermediate SQL and Excel skills and experience in applying these skills in business environments
- Curiosity and passion for risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems
- Excellent communication skills and knows how to be a team player - you are able to convey complex ideas succinctly and work effectively across teams
- Desire to grow and expand as an individual contributor
- The ability to embrace ambiguity is important. We don’t know what we don’t know, so you should be comfortable coming in and setting up the process
It would be nice (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience in business process analysis and improvement, and/or program management
- Domain expertise in collections strategy and operations, compliance, and/or trust & safety
- Experience working in start-ups and tech companies
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience with Stripe or similar modern payment processing tools
- Experience with common fraud risk management vendors and partners
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!