Revenue Optimization Manager, Homes (Remote)
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2021
About the job
The mission of the Hopper Homes Supply team is to provide Hopper users the best selection of vacation rental homes, at the best price; by partnering with the best property managers and other OTAs around the world.
As such, one of the key arms of the Supply Team is its Revenue Optimization function, whose primary purpose is to drive the revenue of a particular region, and/or a group of property managers. By doing so, this would help property managers make the most out of their partnership with Hopper.
The right candidate for this role of Revenue Optimization (Manager) is a commercially-oriented leader who is ambitious, results-oriented, data-driven, operationally-savvy, and effective at delivering solutions both with and through people.
Succeeding at this role means growing the size and value of our partnership with key property managers in our strategic markets. You will work collaboratively – externally with our property managers, and internally with both commercial and product leaders to design, create, and deliver coherent programs that step-change the revenue opportunity for all stakeholders: our customers, our suppliers, and our business.
As such, your scope will be broad and far-reaching. It includes, but is not limited to relationship management, revenue management, driving product development, process design, and delivering operational initiatives.
- Experience – 3-5+ years of experience in customer success, account management, or consulting/banking-type roles.
- Relationship Management – A confident, attentive, and assertive approach to handling relationships with senior and key external and internal stakeholders. Capable of handling high-pressure, high-stakes situations. Articulate in the communication of ideas and solutions to effectively deliver results for partners and the business alike.
- Business Acumen – Behaves like an entrepreneur by being a self-starter who has a bias for action. At the same time, grounded by an unwavering commitment to delivering results. Relentless growth and improvement is the only way forward.
- Data-Driven Operator – Defaults to employing quantitative data and qualitative insights to drive initiatives and actions. Comfortable grappling with large quantities of information and communicating findings to both external and internal audiences.
- Project Delivery – Effective prioritizer of tasks and a capable manager of stakeholders in a cross-functional team to deliver complex solutions to key business problems.
- Owner – No ego. Strong ownership on doing what is right for the customer and the company, and collaborates well with others to make that happen.
- Industry Experience – Vacation rentals / short-term rentals experience, preferably OTA-side.
- Network – Existing network of property managers in the vacation rental space
- Tooling – Prior experience with Salesforce, BigQuery, Tableau/Amplitude is a bonus.
- Data Analytics – Proficient at data extraction, analytics, and distribution
- Relationship Management – Manage both a regular cadence of business reviews and ad-hoc check-ins with the top partners in our key markets
- Revenue Management – Set, monitor, and deliver performance goals for key property managers by understanding the drivers of performance and developing coherent action plans to hit ambitious commercial objectives.
- Growth – Employ big-picture thinking and build medium-term strategic goals with partners to expand and grow the size of the commercial opportunity, ultimately to deliver deeper value for our customers, our partners, and our business.
- Data Insights – Be relentless about finding and producing key qualitative observations and quantitative insights that not only optimizes performance, but step-changes the way Hopper creates value for our customers and suppliers.
- Market Expert – Lead the conversation by staying abreast of key internal and external demand/supply indicators, economic trends, and competitive information in order to drive success in our key markets, and establish Hopper as the leading player in the travel industry.
- Product Development – Utilize the insights and feedback gathered from close engagement with partners to drive product developments and change.
- Industry Leader – Represent the brand in local markets, trade shows, and industry events to establish Hopper’s presence as a leader in the field.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan (CAN) or 401K (US)
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?