Revenue Optimisation Specialist, International marketplace (Australia)
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
About the job
The Revenue Optimization Specialist (ROS) is the main point of contact for hotels for all their operational needs. The ROS’s are in constant communication with hoteliers to discuss revenue enhancing opportunities: pricing, rate plans, promotions, product updates, etc.
Operations: Ease to follow and improve processes. Maintaining a fluent and well organised task list is key to success in this role.
Technical aptitude and knowledge. It is crucial for the ROS to understand the Hopper Hotels Product fully. As a result, the attention to detail has to be spot on - our product is constantly evolving and changing (e.g. experiments, new app experience updates, fintech, etc)
a) Personable and able to explain their position. Even though this is not an acquisitions role, the ideal candidate is comfortable negotiating, using data to back up their claims, and creatively looking into solutions to accommodate the hotelier’s needs while maintaining a positive outcome for Hopper
b) Good written and verbal communication skills. Many hoteliers will require thorough explanations on different topics: connectivity, product, rates, etc.
The ideal candidate can present and explain different topics in a simple and effective manner.
a) Rapid ability to understand analytics software (e.g. Tableau and Amplitude) and ability to solve problems independently.
b) Ability to interpret and analyse data. Easily identify patterns and root causes as to why things are happening.
What would your day-to-day look like
- Support the hotel business growth and be targeted on boosting your portfolio’s performance within the Hopper distribution channels
- Understand pricing and availability metrics, ensuring your partners are taking their fair share of sales
- Analyse hotel performance and provide recommendations for improvement through the Hopper distribution channels
- Create partner specific account development plans and reporting
- Build high touch, consultative and strong relationships with our hotels through regular and open communications
- Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights to partners
- Track hotel performance and interactions within SalesForce
- Share ideas and feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- Take a proactive approach on customer success items and problem solving
- Own and develop the day to day relationships with your hotel partners and support the Hotel Supply Market Management team
An ideal candidate has:
- An understanding of the accommodation landscape across ANZ.
- Have both commercial and data skills.
- A driven and can-do attitude knowing we are still at the discovery stage in APAC.
- Strong prioritisation logic, data driven and without bias.
- No ego.
- A strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM; Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, or similar data visualisation tools.
- A proven ability to communicate across a large portfolio of hotel partners.
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals.
- A “can-do” mindset and enthusiasm to own a series of varied problems, thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment where pushing limits is everyday business.
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly health insurance allowance
- Flexport All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the leading travel platform globally – powering Hopper’s mobile app, website and our B2B business, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions). By leveraging massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to bring transparency, flexibility and savings to travelers globally. We have developed several unique fintech solutions that address everything from pricing volatility to trip disruptions – helping people travel better and save more on their trips.
The Hopper platform serves hundreds of millions of travelers globally and continues to capture market share around the world. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the Hopper app has been downloaded over 120 million times and has become largely popular among younger travelers – with 70% of its users being Gen Z and millennials.
While everyone knows us as the Gen Z and Millennial travel app, Hopper has evolved to become much more than that. In recent years, we’ve grown into a global travel agency and travel fintech provider that powers some of the world’s largest brands.
Through HTS, our B2B division, the company supercharges its partners’ direct channels by integrating our fintech products on their sites or powering end-to-end travel portals. Today, our partners include leading travel brands like Capital One, Nubank, Air Canada and many more.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Hopper sells billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year. In 2023, over 1.3 billion trips were planned through the Hopper app and our HTS partnerships.
Our fintech products – including Price Freeze, Flexibility for Any Reason and Flight Disruption Assistance – have exceptionally strong CSAT because the terms are always clear, and customers receive instant, no-questions-asked resolutions.
Almost 30% of our app customers purchase at least one fintech product when making a booking; and consumers are 1.6x more likely to repurchase if they add fintech to their booking vs if they booked just travel.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions), which represents more than 50% of the business.
Through HTS, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory on their direct channels. As its first HTS partnership, the company partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders. Other HTS partners include Air Canada, Uber, CommBank, Nubank, Flair Airlines with many more in the pipeline.
Featured in Apple’s Best of the App Store list of Essential Travel Apps in 2023 and recognized by the likes of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Hopper has been downloaded over 120 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America and 70% of our app customers are Gen-Z and millennials travelers.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!