Operational Health Analyst - Flights, Remote
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
About the Job
As Supply Operations Analyst for Operational Health within the Flights Supply team, you will be responsible for monitoring and improving the health, reliability, and performance of our supply stack. You will serve as a subject matter expert on all of our booking service providers: monitoring their health, identifying issues, leading incident response strategy, recommending solutions, and identifying product fixes for performance gaps. You will be asked to grow and modernize our health monitoring systems, scaling up alerting and building impactful metrics and dashboards. You will need to be able to roll your sleeves up to get to the core source of an issue, working with multiple stakeholders internal and external to provide samples of problems and strategize solutions.
This position requires a highly analytical and self-driven individual who can successfully manage multiple shifting priorities and complex investigations at once. The ideal candidate is a competent self-starter who stays cool under pressure, has an eye for detail, and enjoys the challenge of learning to understand systems and products that they may not already be familiar with.
- Serve as the primary owner of operational health measurement, alerting, and incident reporting.
- Maintain and improve supply health dashboards and monitoring systems.
- Grow and run our Operational Health reporting system.
- Develop new metrics to measure the performance of the Hopper platform, determine baseline performance, and guide the team on setting targets for improvement.
- Be a subject matter expert in navigating our internal logging systems in order to answer stakeholder questions related to outages and bugs.
- Run deep-dive investigation into gaps in our metrics, drive performance metrics to meet goals.
- Serve as an incident manager for high-impact outages and product issues.
- Liaison with stakeholders at vendor partners to report issues and strategize solutions.
- Field error reports from company stakeholders via intake process and document reported bugs.
- Work with product and engineering teams to strategize solutions to known bugs, create tickets to report said bugs, and test fixes once implemented.
- Develop and run playbooks for incident response and performance investigations.
- Serve as a general data resource for the Supply team as needed.
- Flex as needed to support operational tasks in an ad-hoc manner.
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth.
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions.
- Experience in data and analytics a must
- Experience working with SQL
- Significant experience creating and managing metrics dashboards.
- Technical competency is a must, ability to talk productively with product and development teams.
- Experience with data visualization tools, with Amplitude and/or Datadog preferred.
- Experience leading investigations into product outages and incidents response.
- Resilient attitude, ability to stay on your toes and move with any changes that may come your way.
- Drive to work autonomously, take initiative to research and analyze problems, find solutions, and communicate with stakeholders.
- Customer, team & company player. Take on delegated tasks with enthusiasm towards the greater good of the company.
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems.
- Strong organizational skills in order to stay on top of multiple tasks at once.
- Experience in the travel industry, especially air travel, is a huge bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A minimum of 2 year experience in Product Operations working with Product teams and Engineering teams
- Deep domain knowledge in air shopping and booking providers (Sabre, Travelport, Amadeus, NDC, SPRK, ARC, BSP)
- Experience with operation tools like Jira, Confluence, Google Sheets.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan (CAN) or 401K (US)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!