Senior Data Engineer - Disruption
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
ABOUT THE JOB:
Hopper is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Disruption Protection team. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work on developing and maintaining data pipelines and infrastructure that enable our team to make data-driven decisions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, and Data Science, to identify, collect, and analyze large volumes of data. You will leverage your expertise in building scalable and reliable data systems to help us innovate the future of travel protection technology.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and reliable data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and collect data from various sources, and analyze and interpret the data to derive insights that drive business decisions.
- Develop and deploy data quality checks and monitoring to ensure data integrity.
- Design and implement efficient and automated data processing workflows.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, designing and building scalable and reliable data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Experience with data warehousing, ETL, and data processing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, or Flink.
- Strong SQL skills and familiarity with data analysis tools such as Amplitude, Data Studio, Tableau, or similar.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms like AWS or GCP.
- Familiarity with data streaming frameworks like Kafka or Kinesis.
- Experience with workflow management tools like Airflow or Luigi.
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
See more open positions at Hopper
Something looks off?