Product Partnerships API Manager
We’re looking for a Product Partnerships API Manager to join our Core Platform team, and own the API product partnership aspect with our social channels partners, supporting our Alliances team that oversees alliances and partnerships with social media networks. This role contributes significantly to API support across social networks, and supports the leadership team in the development of product strategies for our social network APIs. You'll play a key role in enhancing the value we derive from these APIs, aiding in the creation of best in class experiences and feature sets for our customers.
You’ll be working closely with product managers, back end and front end developers, and quality assurance teams to prioritize and build solutions that harness the capabilities of APIs made available to us from our social media network partners. While working remotely or in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Product Director.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead API communications with social networks, monitor updates and ensure compliance to ensure continuous API access for all Hootsuite product and engineering teams
- Monitor and action on all communications from social networks via developer portals, emails and other communications channels
- Play an active role in managing internal API communications and coordination, acting as the key member of the channel communications process with the the Platform Infrastructure team, Publishing Platform teams and other platform teams
- Coordinate API changes and updates across the the Engineering Organization and Product Organization via Jira and other tools
- Upon Alpha and Beta program invitations, work with the Product teams and Engineering teams on reviewing API docs and socialize with the broader org and evaluate participation
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to input work into the program management cycle led by the Program Management Office, including creating Initiatives, Epics, User Stories in Jira, as well as sizing the work, defining scope of the work, and determining timelines
- Work with Engineering teams and Product teams throughout duration of the Alpha and Beta programs, serving as an escalation point and single liaison with alliance business engineering, such as escalating issues with rate limits, endpoints, API breakage
- Own and review any Product feedback, API feedback and experiment requests from Alliance partners
- Explore and lead discovery for emerging network APIs and advising the product organization on new network API opportunities (e.g. new social networks, new features made available through updated APIs)
- Work with product, data, customer success and sales teams to understand customer demand and feedback for certain APIs to help prioritize roadmap initiatives
- Review Hootsuite Ideas features requests that pertain to social network APIs
- Serve as the owner and point of contact for all Support escalations that impact engineering, customers and product (bugs, outages, etc), by escalating bug significance and impact to Alliance support and business engineering resources
- Own and complete mandatory annual data/compliance assessments that are required to maintain continuous API access (e.g. Meta Data Protection Assessment)
- Help the organization with any app reviews, as well as reviewing access to APIs we are not leveraging today
- Advise product managers and engineering teams on developer policies and terms of service
- Translate external stakeholder requests and company vision into priorities and execution plan with engineers and product managers
- Share compelling stories on how technical initiatives are critical to customer facing releases and provide visibility into technical product initiatives to the rest of the organization
- Share learnings and insights with other product teams in order to help them build highly engaging products
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A post-secondary degree in computer science, business and/or engineering and at least 5 years of Technical Product Management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, working in an environment delivering technical roadmaps using agile methodologies
- Solid technical background with experience in various programming languages and software development
- Technical acumen and understanding of API
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to present complex technical information clearly to developers, peer product managers, and senior leaders
- Ability to lead multiple, contending priorities while retaining attention to details
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others
- Priority Setting: Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions in the technical world compared to customer facing releases
- Problem Solving: Exceptional problem solving skills, with an ability to navigate complex technical issues, business problems and customer pain points
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even in the face of uncertainty
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.