Intermediate/Senior Data Analyst
We’re looking for an inquisitive data savvy individual who thrives uncovering how data should be leveraged in a holistic manner to promote action to improve our business outcomes. As an ambassador for data across the organization you will work to develop, build and visualize insights from our data and guide our key stakeholders in disseminating those insights.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify patterns and trends within our data assets using a data-driven approach to improve performance and impact to overall business outcomes.
- Collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders on multiple projects in parallel, manage expectations and prioritization
- Develop existing data sources to ensure accuracy of reporting on measures and metrics
- Recommend new data sources and assets to continually provide accurate and reliable measures of our customer outcomes.
- Operationalize data assets to a data warehouse and ensure versioning via GitHub
- Develop and maintain documentation on data, metrics and processes in Confluence
- Provide actionable insights and analysis that drive results, inform strategies and maximize opportunities for the business.
- Develop specifications, proposals and standard processes to manage large complex data sets to enable and enhance complex analysis and provide insights to the business.
- Undertake complex analysis, involving extracting, transforming, and disseminating key insights in a simple and concise manner for business stakeholders to understand and drive action.
- Build dashboards and reports using Tableau or equivalent Business Intelligence (BI) toolset
- Educate business stakeholders on best practices to ensure they leverage accurate and reliable data and insights.
- Present data and insights in a clear and concise manner through the use of visuals, slide decks, and in unconventional ways. #thinkdifferent
- Promote data literacy at various organization levels to increase the correct use of data for operational reporting, dashboards and predictive analytics.
- Contribute to the further development of a centre of excellence for data by participating and contributing on initiatives to improve overall data maturity of the organization.
- Working with a diverse group of stakeholders and engage with them to better understand the needs and translate them into the best solutions with our data platform and tooling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Proven work experience analyzing data and developing advanced dashboards
- Degree in computer science, data analytics, statistics or a related field
- Advanced querying with SQL and database
- Understanding of AWS platform and tools associated with analytics and data (Redshift, Glue)
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies
- Uses the available tools of modern data science to analyze petabytes of data is a plus
- Ability to analyze data and create compelling visual dashboards with Tableau, Mixpanel
- Ability to leverage the power of SQL, R or Python in building reproducible and scalable analyses.
- Familiarity with R or Python is a plus
- Advanced skills with spreadsheet software (Google Sheets and/ Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.