Experiential Marketing & Events Manager (14 Month Contract)
We’re looking for an Experiential Marketing and Events Manager to lead experiential marketing campaigns, and drive our global events strategy. You will work with our marketing leaders to create strategic campaigns and lead Hootsuite’s participation at major sponsored and owned events. You are a skilled marketer with deep understanding and experience leading virtual and in person events, you will collaborate across all regions and functions to achieve marketing targets and revenue goals. While working remotely or in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Vancouver or Toronto office, you will report our Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, manage and execute experiential marketing campaigns, identifying creative grassroots opportunities to connect directly with our customers and prospects, raising brand awareness and instill brand love.
- Support global events strategy including owned, sponsored, virtual and in-person events, working cross functionally within marketing to ensure our events are disruptive, creative, delightful and deliver compelling customer journeys, and raise brand awareness.
- Hire, lead, and develop a team of experiential marketers. Coach, mentor and perform all other people-management practices in line with Hootsuite’s core values.
- Work in partnership with the Global Sales Organization to pitch experiential marketing partnership opportunities to our prospects and customers. Develop decision making framework that allows for a consistent approach to sponsorship while aligning with company values and brand.
- Partner with our product marketing and brand team to develop, manage and execute launch specific events to announce tier one product announcements, partner announcements, brand announcements.
- Integrate and align experiential marketing activations with broader Corporate Communications team engagements, including earned speaking opportunities.
- Define and optimize key success metrics for events and experiential campaigns, analyze key learnings for future iterations and management decision making.
- Effectively forecast and manage individual campaign budgets, while adhering to internal accrual and procurement process.
- Source and manage external event planning agencies and regional contractor relationships; provide creative direction and event deliverables, including scope and budget.
- Other related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive marketing experience in enterprise SaaS and/or B2B with 5+ years managing events
- Experience managing agencies, contractors and freelancers
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?