Senior Director, Product Management
We’re looking for a Senior Director, Product Management to own the development and delivery of our product roadmap. You will be responsible for leading a high performing team of senior level managers and professionals who are passionate about developing great experiences that provide value to customers. You are adept at knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally and you have a demonstrated ability to balance long-term product strategy with near term imperatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define and communicate a clear and comprehensive vision and strategy for the product management team that will drive growth and expansion
- Provide leadership and direction to the team in defining and articulating new ways to enhance customer value; support the team in evangelizing these opportunities within and across the organization
- Lead the way for your product area by owning and communicating a creative, innovative and effective product strategy
- Create clear and measurable goals for the team, providing coaching and leadership aligned to Hootsuite’s values. Perform other people management responsibilities, including recruitment, selection, performance assessment and other DE&I initiatives
- Define measurable success metrics, develop opportunity sizing and potential ROI, and be able to show inputs and assumptions in data analysis and financial modeling
- Work closely with executive leadership, Engineering, Design and Marketing to continuously provide high-value, easy to use experiences.
- Guide customer facing teams in communicating our roadmap, strategy and vision to customers and partners, including customers on sites.
- Provide visibility into product development initiatives by communicating with the product marketing team and other non-technical Hootsuite business about upcoming customer-facing product releases and their value
- Develop systems and processes to ensure product management function operates efficiently and effectively
- Serve as the focal point of advocacy and knowledge across all of our products and solutions for Hootsuite’s customers within the organization - ensuring that our products consistently meet and exceed our customer’s expectations
- Represent Product leadership in key cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Support efficient ways of working by helping to identify cross-functional impact of major product decisions, helping resolve key dependencies, mitigate risk
- Work cross functionality with Design, Software Development, User Education, Production Operations, and Security to develop best-in-class solutions delivering high-value customer outcomes
- Inspire and empower Product Managers by modeling good Product Management behaviors such as leading through influence, relationship development, collaboration and customer empathy
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Advanced level of experience turning complex business problems into successful products, both directly and through a team.
- A post-secondary degree, in computer science, business and/or engineering, MBA or similar an asset
- Demonstrated senior experience leading and inspiring multi-disciplinary product teams both directly and by influence.
- Proven experience working with an Engineering team, using agile methodology, to deliver customer facing value in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of how large scale web applications work technologically
- A deep understanding of social media, platform, and the social media marketplace
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision
- Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Leading Inclusive Teams: Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Management: Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Strategic Thinking: Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Developing Others: Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?