Internal Communications Director
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Director to help lead, shape, manage and drive our internal communication strategy. As a member of the People Leadership Team (PLT), you will be responsible for planning and implementing strategic programs and communication initiatives across different geographies impacting a wide range of stakeholders. You will partner with the PLT to translate key strategic goals into tactical plans and outcomes to impact across the organization. You will champion our DE&I and CSR initiatives and foster the culture of connectedness and dialogue in a global organization. While working in a hybrid work arrangement, a blend of virtual (in accordance with Hootsuite’s distributed workforce strategy), and in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Chief People & Diversity Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As a member of the People Leadership Team (PLT), participate in designing and implementing global People strategy and tactical plans in alignment with organizational vision, mission and goals.
- Foster the culture of engagement, connection and relationships through establishing strategic internal communications frameworks and overseeing the development and implementation of tools to spark new ideas, insights and collaboration.
- Responsible for executive and board communication with respect to organizational performance, articulating key trends, messages and insights in a concise and effective manner on an ongoing/regular basis.
- Develop internal communications strategies, plans and define how we communicate as a business through trust and transparency.
- Oversee planning and implementation of our most important all-employee communications, including our most important initiatives such as the annual KickOff, Town Halls and other similar global events.
- Encourage open communication, foster dialogue and establish a culture of listening and sensing mechanisms through the use of latest and most effective communication tools.
- Act as a consultant to business leaders in developing and operationalizing effective communication plans that resonate with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and implement sound governance processes, policies, procedures and standards for an effective Hootsuite Crisis Communication program.
- Reimagine communication touchpoints through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion and corporate social responsibility to all communications initiatives.
- Strategically partner with the Corp Comms team to ensure our corporate narrative is integrated across our internal and external communications.
- Lead and oversee employee events and connectedness strategy, targeting global engagement in virtual and in person events; management of internal intranet
- Design and create decks for the CEO and Executive team
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Demonstrated experience in both leading and driving internal communications initiatives in a globally distributed environment.
- Ability to collaborate and influence leaders at all levels, helping design and deliver strategic people communication initiatives to deliver specific business results
- A passion for writing and being able to craft messages using the voice of your executive stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills; skilled at figuring out and managing requests and timelines necessary to get work done.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Courage: steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even when faced with ambiguity
- Tech Savvy: experience working with Google Suite products and internal communications tools
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbors & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?