Canada Based - Solutions Engineer, Education
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
About this Role:
As a D2L Solutions Engineer on the client sales team, you'll spend every day helping those around you get the most out of D2L products and services. You'll help existing D2L clients and educators in the Education vertical (K-12 and Higher Ed) by learning about their unique needs and proposing solutions including D2L products and services to meet those needs. Your passion for teaching and learning makes people want to open up to you, and your expertise in learning technology and how to accomplish nearly anything using the D2L platform makes you a trusted advisor. You're excited to speak to everyone from students and instructors to a CIO, Professors, Vice Chancellors or Chancellors, and your demos and presentations provoke gasps of amazement, if not outright applause.
How you'll make an impact:
- Be a hands-on expert in the Brightspace platform. You won’t just need theoretical knowledge of how things work, but you will be expected to try things out and make sure they work in practice. You will need to get creative and sometimes approach and re-approach a solution until you find the right fit.
- Prepare and present persuasive and expertly tailored product demonstrations before a wide variety of audiences and under challenging circumstances. Audiences could be new or seasoned users, executives at a conference table, university faculty in a lecture theatre or HR and L&D professionals piled into stadium seating. Needs could be vague or extremely unique, and timelines to prepare can vary.
- Build compelling, value-oriented presentations while partnering with your sales team to prep for such presentations.
- Conduct needs analysis sessions with prospects to understand their infrastructure, needs and potential customizations they may require.
- Provide feedback to product management teams regarding use cases and trends in the field.
- Create technical documentation and materials as required for your prospects.
- Be the conduit through which internal SMEs are contacted and engaged into sales opportunities.
- Attend sales presentations, meetings, and conferences as required (travel 25-50%), and be willing to work various hours across North America from PST to EST.
- Engaging in proposal writing - review client requirements, identify optimal product mix, address gaps and assessing competitive alignment, and culminating in the creation of clear, concise responses.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 3+ years' experience as a Brightspace user either as an administrator or an instructor having used the platform extensively.
- Experience in a related pre-sales consulting role will be advantageous.
- Comfort with other learning management systems and other learning platforms that might integrate with the LMS.
- Familiarity with the technology ecosystem that surrounds an LMS and the types of responsibilities and concerns users have that run those systems.
- Have a deep interest in education, corporate learning, and educational technology.
- Must be very comfortable with presenting complex education and technology concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- Be highly engaging in person and virtually.
- Must have excellent writing and comprehension skills.
- Be able to work remotely in a professional manner.
- Should be moderately comfortable with last minute demands for travel and be ready to be flexible with a variety of incoming requests.
- Experience meeting multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision.
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.