Technical Account Manager-EMEA , Bilingual (fluent in both Dutch and English)
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted advisor to D2L's premier customers providing technical guidance for their infrastructure, on-going projects, and support issues; all while focusing on their operational and development systems. The TAM will provide a vital role in supporting customers' current and future environments, while keeping their success and satisfaction as a key business driver.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Work as a Named Resource for a group of Strategic D2L customers both proactively based on established metrics, and reactively based on direct customer engagement to provide augmented support to D2L customers including:
- Weekly summaries of open Support Incidents
- Run Weekly meetings to review and prioritize open Support Incidents.
- Act as an escalation point to customers.
- Proactively lead the process to grow accounts
- Provide mentorship for team members to help them grow in their technical knowledge and provide premium customer experience
- Help drive team expertise and technical thought leadership
- Work cross-departmentally to find solutions to complex scenarios and integration issues
- Engage D2L Project, Development, Deployment and Infrastructure Consulting teams to satisfy reporting and product needs on client's behalf.
- Organize and report on findings as directed to enrich internal processes.
- Deliver offerings as defined in the TAM program
- Work closely with support engineers, and Support Management and SaaS groups to ensure proper escalation and resolution processes are utilized
- Communicate proactively with Clients regarding product and program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans where appropriate
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of D2L solutions.
- Research and expand working knowledge of current and upcoming D2L solutions based on specific Client needs.
- Leverage customer relationship to create and enhance internal processes to encourage better knowledge of and attention to customer needs.
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role or a software services or technical role
- Bilingual - Dutch and English language expertise
- Strong knowledge of Brightspace best practices, with experience defining business process and providing enablement programs
- Demonstrate leadership in new feature and technology adoption and teaching by providing regular enablement and solution overview sessions and documentation for customers and other team-members
- Ability to Lead members of account teams effectively and ensure the execution of the account plan
- Ability to develop strong relationships with executive, enterprise-level decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Previous knowledge of learning management systems, preferably D2L
- Strong project organizational skills
- Strong relationship building skills and conflict negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter, capable working independently and remotely
- Ability to think critically; to identify problems and to generate evaluates and implements real-time
- Ability to be on call in after hours situations
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in a related field
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.