D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
As a Proposal Manager, you will work in a high impact, deadline driven environment and be responsible for managing the response effort to Requests for Proposals (e.g., RFIs, RFPs, RFQs) for both prospective and existing clients globally. This role will require excellent communication, writing, time management, and project management skills. Successful candidates will have a team player mindset, adaptability, a positive attitude, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and a willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done. You will be joining a strategic, highly respected team of Proposal Management Professionals.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Support D2L’s global Sales organization by managing the complete lifecycle of a proposal response from intake of the RFP and qualification of the opportunity through to submission.
- Facilitate bid qualification calls.
- Create and distribute project outlines that break out RFP requirements into section assignments for relevant project team members for completion.
- Facilitate project kickoff calls and regular status calls.
- Simultaneously project manage multiple RFP responses on tight schedules and under elevated pressure.
- Write high quality responses to business and services requirements and perform writing and editing duties across all contributor responses to ensure proposals are compliant, clear, consistent, compelling, and error-free.
- Work cross functionally with SMEs (subject matter experts) within the organization to create responses for proposals while maintaining a technical understanding of D2L product and service offerings.
- Review, edit, and provide guidance on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, and other key parts of proposals.
- Enforce approved style guidelines and ensure a consistent look and feel of all outgoing proposals.
- Facilitate proposal reviews.
- Support all activities related to the assembly, production, and delivery of compliant and compelling proposals on time, in the format(s) specified.
- Work with other Proposal team members to create and improve best practices that ensure the RFP process is successful, efficient, and promotes winning proposals.
- Provide feedback on content library articles based on proposal responses.
- Train the Sales organization on proposal topics and best practices as assigned.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with relevant areas of the business to help strengthen cross collaboration, address Proposal team needs, and support cross-functional initiatives.
- Support Proposal team members and the success of team.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Advise management on proposal matters.
- Ensure that all bids reflect proposal best practices.
- Make recommendations related to value proposition.
- Facilitate early strategy calls to help influence future RFPs.
- Lead with influence amongst project teams to ensure smart bid decisions and submission of winning proposals.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role in a deadline-driven, high volume proposal writing environment.
- Direct proposal management experience in high-tech industry is preferred.
- Strong writing and project management skill sets.
- APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals) certification or equivalent considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe applications, and Salesforce.
- Familiarity with Qvidian and/or other proposal management software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and compliance parameters.
- Fluency in additional languages an asset.
- Please note: The ideal candidate will be located in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technical Writing, English, Communications, or Journalism
- APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals) certification or equivalent
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.