Marketing Coordinator - Spring 2024 Co-op
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis, but recommend applying by January 23rd to ensure you are included in initial application reviews.
As a Marketing Coordinator Co-op on the D2L Corporate Marketing team, you’ll be working with a small and tight team of cross-functional marketers who are laser focused on growing demand for our corporate segment in integrated marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with many team members and gain exposure to various marketing disciplines with hands-on campaign and asset execution responsibilities.
Whether you are an experienced Co-op or a first year Co-op, we are looking for all around superstars to help create and improve our suite of advanced communication and collaboration tools. You will be constantly learning and looking for ways to innovate. You thrive in a culture where teams speak freely and collaborate to solve interesting problems.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
Email/Web Copywriting and Collateral – Support executing our messaging strategy on multiple channels
- Copywriting for campaign emails, landing pages, digital ads, sponsorships, enablement toolkits, and other internal and external client communications and digital assets
- Coordinate the proper proofread and legal reviews of communication/copywriting
- Coordinate the creation, updating, and deployment of campaign asset updates, graphics, and supporting digital and print assets with appropriate groups (e.g. web, automation, social, creative, enablement, dg, community, etc.)
Campaign communication and execution– Aid cross-functional campaign comms and campaign alignment
- Maintain campaign schedule and tactic communications schedule
- Coordinate campaign updates/changes and related communications with sales, SEs, enablement, etc. (internal and external)
- Help to provide awareness and align campaign communication plans with cross segment teams (automation, web, social, international, demand gen, pmk, etc.)
Webinar Coordination and Support
- Support and assist team with webinar coordination, administrative, and logistics duties
- This would include things like managing pre webinar coordination, maintaining reg/lists/systems, webinar data/reporting, coordinating tasks and action follow-up, assisting with planning/set-up logistics, review and testing Zoom webinar platform and related tech, day-of event support, etc.
Vendor Research and Sourcing
- Research local vendors that can be leveraged for direct mail to key accounts/territories
- Research sponsorship and vendors that where can amplify our customer voice
- Work with vendors on executing deliverables such as coordinating direct mail options, sponsorship opportunities, swag, etc.
- Monitor success metrics
Reporting and Metrics
- Leverage SFDC, GA, PowerBI to pull campaign metrics
- Scrub lists, pull email addresses, create custom segmentation
- Suggest improvements and optimization to existing tactics to improve overall performance
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
Work Experience Recommendations:
- Advanced communication, collaboration, and project management skills
- Excellent communication writing and/or copywriting skills
- Exceptional organizational skills including multi-tasking and time management.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, think fast under pressure, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with learning new technology systems quickly
- Creative mindset and stamina to try new things and figure out how to continuously improve
- Experience with planning or coordinating multiple people and projects to achieve a common goal and/or deliverable
Currently enrolled in Business Administration or related with the Co-op option
The expected weekly salary range for a student hire in this role is listed below. The base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and school specific salary surveys.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.