Customer Onboarding Specialist
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Customer Onboarding Specialist’s mission will be to create an exceptional client onboarding experience and drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success team. You will report to the Senior Manager of Customer Success Strategy & Operations and will be their trusted partner in defining customer success onboarding objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale. The Customer Onboarding Specialist provides support and guidance to the Customer Success team and other internal customer facing teams, helping them to effectively understand and leverage client Onboarding workflows along with appropriate reporting tools and processes. Through regular reviews of available data this role will provide the CSM leadership team with insight into data that will help drive business decisions. This role will also assist in providing key metrics for goals and leading indicators of adoption, risk and churn.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Continue to build out D2L’s client onboarding program globally for Customer Success
- Create an onboarding client journey that will reduce risk of churn by ensuring best in class operating procedures and steps for internal stakeholders, customer success and most notably the client
- Build measures to track progress by reducing friction and pain points for the customer and improve adoption during the onboard and launch phase of the customer journey
- Focus on execution, prioritization, and support of customers at the completed contract phase ready to engage with the D2L post-sale team
- Work across all segments and geographies that we serve and act as a business partner for the Customer Success team providing data, insights and analysis into the onboarding program and reporting on KPIs.
- Lead process improvements of the customer journey
- Work with internal partners to optimize the timing and content of touch points along the customer journey that will drive improved customer experience, product adoption and overall customer health.
- Based on metrics and direct feedback from customers and internal stakeholders, identify new initiatives and materials needed to better engage and support our customers.
- Risk Management
- Assist in designing strategies with Senior Renewals Manager, CS Ops Manager and CS Leaders to address at-risk renewals
- Cross-Functional Collaboration and Partnership
- Manage cross-functional processes that help CSMs share customer feedback throughout the onboarding journey to internal product, service, support, and operations teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Implementation Services, Training, Community and other relevant teams that impact the customer journey
- Manage and hold Customer Success team and other internal stakeholders accountable through training, guidelines and process to adhere to reporting and administrative protocols \
- Generate reporting when necessary for Customer Success and/or develop better ways to provide meaningful insights, analysis and trends relevant to the request
- While this role is primarily internal facing, there may be direct customer interactions (written, verbal and/or in-person)
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- 3+ years' relevant work experience in B2B SaaS managing customers through onboarding or implementation of technical products of varying sizes across multiple markets and/or geographies.
- Experience mapping the customer journey with a specific focus on advocacy, onboarding, risk management and adoption programs
- Data, analytical and reporting skills
- Passion for designing processes that scale
- Organized with a proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks while maintaining high quality outputs and delivering on time and with excellence
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with all levels of personnel up to and including C-Suite executives
- Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organization – with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Problem-solver and critical thinker with the ability to break down complicated issues and simplify complicated processes
- Strong attention to detail in daily tasks and projects, while also having the ability to see beyond the individual tasks and understand the broader impact and implications of activities on other cross-functional teams.
- Strong experience collaborating with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams
- Experience within a growth-oriented SaaS companies is ideal
- Thorough understanding of business management, forecasting strategy and techniques
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is an asset
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as PowerBI and Tableau is an asset
- Experience with a customer success tool such as Gainsight or Planhat is an asset
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related industry of field
- At least 3 years' experience in related industry or acting as a consultant on a major strategic planning program specifically with Customer Success
- Lean Agile Safe Certified or Six Sigma Blackbelt certified is an asset
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.