IT Infrastructure Support - Spring 2024 Co-op
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
We are looking for an aspiring IT professional focused on Infrastructure support and development. This role is broken into two phases to help maximize your experience in an enterprise IT support organization. Your day-to-day activities will include end user support, planning and research on new support technologies (Laptops, Operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS), security compliance) and Infrastructure (Microsoft suite of tools, JAMF, patching and software management), with other projects that directly impact the experience of D2L Employees. We aim to gain a deep understanding of the problems users face and use this to help us develop processes using the latest technology that are easy to use, flexible, and smart.
At D2L, Information Technology works closely with all business entities to inform the design on support and infrastructure initiatives. We get involved early in projects to conduct research about our users’ goals, motivations, and challenges. As a member of the IT Team, we stay deeply engaged and execute on our commitments to ensure results meet our end users’ expectations.
What will I get out of working at D2L?
The D2L Information Technology team interacts with our employees daily through a variety of tools, systems and walkups. Upon completion of your time with us, you will have experience in operational organization and support, Configuration Management, Incident Response, and exposure to Information Security.
The IT Team is focused on providing the resources, knowledge, and data that our company needs to continue business operations. Our team has expertise in high availability networking, cloud infrastructure, end user support and we work with all levels of the employee base.
Our tight-knit team of professionals prioritizes the support and growth of all our team members. We learn from each other to develop the skills to do great work. Joining our team means joining a group that is there for you when you need help and will give you the resources you need to succeed. We believe that co-op terms are not just for work, they are also for growth and learning.
- Participate in the experimental design process
- Collaborate closely with Project Managers and end users
- Manage a case workload and other project tasks
- Research cloud first task automation
- Participate in enterprise operations and security management
- Contribute to team meetings
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Completion of one term in an information technology related course
- Experience with Technical Support (Windows and iOS)
- Understanding of both Android and iOS mobile Device and Mobile Device Management solutions
- Experience working in a team
- Understanding of cloud administration
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving
- Highly motivated and able to work without supervision
- Strong organizational, and documentation skills
- advanced computer literacy
The expected weekly salary range for a student hire in this role is listed below. The base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and school specific salary surveys.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.