Solutions Engineer, Corporate
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
About this Role:
As a D2L Solutions Engineer, you'll spend every day helping those around you get the most out of D2L products and services. You'll help prospective and existing clients by understanding their unique needs and proposing a solution including D2L products and services to meet those needs. Your passion for teaching and learning makes people want to open up to you, and your expertise in learning technology and how to accomplish nearly anything using the D2L platform makes you a trusted advisor. You're excited to speak to everyone from learners, employees and admins to a CIO or CEO, and your demos and presentations provoke gasps of amazement, if not outright applause.
How you'll make an impact:
- Be an expert in D2L products, including architecture, functionality, usage, and deployment.
- Work closely with sales in discovery sessions with prospects to map customer requirements to D2L technology capabilities
- Develop and deliver custom demos and presentations to key decision makers to address critical business issues and needs
- Communicate with prospective clients to differentiate the D2L solution from competitors, anticipating and handling objections along the way
- Develop proposals for D2L solutions and contribute to RFP responses
- Provide rapid, accurate responses to questions from sales staff in the field
- Display initiative and self-motivation and deliver high quality work, meeting deadlines for both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the role:
- 3-5 years experience in a related role such as teaching, training, instructional design, pre-sales engineering, educational administration or consulting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills, product demonstration skills, and presentation skills
- Basic understanding of web and database technology
- Proven ability to craft a solution and develop proposals and RFP responses with appropriate products and services based on client discussions
- Willing and able to travel extensively 30%+
- Ability to work in Eastern Time Zone hours
- Fluent in English required, additional language skills a major plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.