Learning and Development Manager - 6 Month Contract
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
- Leads learning program and solution implementation through design, development, delivery, evaluation of learning and ongoing program management of learning and development initiatives and programs including accelerated leadership development, monthly live learning sessions, D2L’s Catch the Wave program etc.
- Champion and embed D2Ls Leadership Competencies
- Actively contribute to fostering high-performance culture and culture of learning across D2L
- Contribute to building leadership capability by assessing and identification learning and leadership development needs and solutions in partnership with business leaders and People and Culture team members
- Provide strategic oversight of D2L’s company onboarding program ensuring a positive new hire experience for new D2Lers
- Create a best in class blended learning experience through using D2L’s own Brightspace platform and champion and grow modern learning approaches using emerging technologies and new learning methodologies
- Ownership D2L’s learning management platform (D2L's Brightspace)
- Manage the full cycle medium to large scale learning projects, which includes developing project plans, identifying timelines, required resources and budget implications, seeking buy-in from key constituents, identifying project risks, project delivery and measuring success/conducting evaluations
- Develops communication and change management plans, identifying required organizational touchpoints, timelines, and key messages
- Develop various learning tools (on demand videos, blog posts, coaching and development questions, instructor led programs, eLearning, etc.)
- Lead the career and professional development programs that improve employee engagement and retention globally
- Capture and articulate learning metrics and insights such as ROI and effectiveness of learning offerings
- Support compliance related learning activities across D2L
- Implement and manage a redesigned comprehensive onboarding program, provides newly hired employees with the necessary learning and company information throughout the integration journey to ensure a positive onboarding experience and set new hires up to be successful at D2L
- Design and implement a management development program to prepare new managers for their roles and responsibilities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program and make enhancements to meet evolving leadership needs.
- Oversee roll out of annual compliance training cycle and tracking of completion
- Strong learning acumen and understanding of corporate learning best practices and trends including knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design techniques, online learning, assessments, and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in a learning and leadership development role including progressive experience in designing, developing and delivering effective learning programs in a fast-paced global organization
- LMS administration experience is required – previous experience using D2L Brightspace highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating corporate learning and development programs using a blended/multi-modal learning approach
- Strong planning, program and project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of learning initiatives and programs
- Strong presentation, and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences
- Proven experience in building management and leadership development programs
- Engaging and influential facilitation style with a passion for developing people
- High degree of business acumen and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across broad range of stakeholders
- Learns new technology quickly and experience working with learning management systems
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate ROI
- Ability to build strong partnership across the business and within the People & Culture team and connect learning activities to wider organizational culture, employee engagement and other leant programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.