Education Partnership Community Moderator
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Ed Partner Community Moderator is a person who loves variety in their day, supporting students who are working professionals to progress through their courses, credentials, and degrees through our education partners. Our Wave offering is an education-as-a-benefit platform that provides employees at our clients’ companies with upskilling opportunities from top colleges, universities, and training providers. This position supports the progress of those students individually through resolution of individual student challenges in their admissions and continual enrollment process, along with supporting the progress of groups of students via community moderation in the platform, facilitation of engagement opportunities like webinars, and resolution of help tickets where needed. This role requires great communication and “closing the loop” skills, and will need to also coordinate with our education partners to clarify and resolve student concerns.
Our Ed Partner Community Moderator takes tremendous pride in their work, loves working collaboratively across multiple teams, and fosters respectful, open, professional communication. A successful Ed Partner Community Moderator have strong writing, inter-personal, project management, and process implementation skills.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Monitor, respond to, and triage customer questions through various types of technology
- Collaborate and communicate with education partners to provide correct and timely resolution of student questions and concerns
- Lead project tasks to completion and according to defined timelines
- Use a variety of business tools to assess and propose data informed actions to support student engagement and retention
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the student journey in Wave in order to support continued engagement with the platform, and ongoing retention for students in educational opportunities
- Develop and deliver documentation in a variety of formats (text, video, etc.) within platform
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Corporate Communications:
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders through verbal and written (professional and social), Video/Graphic communication
- Delivering Online and In Person Presentations
- Community Engagement:
- Customer Service
- Promotion/Participation in Online Events
- Identification of customers at risk/prospective customer spotlights
- Triaging customer needs gathering documentation and resolving
- Communicating with education partners in order to keep updated information flowing to students, and resolving student issues as they appear
- Project Management
- Effectively manages and communicates time via tracked project phases
- Designing Project phases to support Community OKRs
- Executing on the delivery of Community Projects
- User Experience and Data Interpretation
- Use a variety of inputs to gather and interpret data on what students are doing in the platform
- Ability to collaborate on ways to improve the student experience through automation
- Work with technology like chatbots to automate experiences and provide self-service opportunities
- Working Collaboratively
- Utilizes key data points across user management systems to identify opportunities to support customers connecting with their account team
- Ability to adapt and positively contribute to changing business needs
- Demonstrates initiative to identify gaps, communicate impact, and execute on process improvements
- Knowledge Management:
- Create and maintain student and education partner-facing documentation in a variety of ways
- Respond to and triage knowledge requests delivered through inbound tickets and chat features and Slack channels
- Experience working as part of large-scale project teams, working with multiple stakeholders to drive completion of new and existing initiatives
- Experience with community platforms and social media communications for a large organization
- Prior experience with CRMs, Brightspace, HTML, CSS, Salesforce, Twitter are all assets
- 2-3 years prior experience in Customer Service capacity, preferably in an education-related context, or with more complex challenges than a call center capacity
- College degree or equivalent
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of s
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.