Technical Partner Manager
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
General Description (Job Summary):
As D2L’s Technical Partner Manager you are an evangelist and subject matter expert for all things integrations and extensibility. As the integrations expert, you will work with vendors of all shapes and sizes to help them create effective and quality integrations that adhere to the D2L’s best practices. You advocate and represent the face of the partner developer community internally, as you share resources and help tell the story of collaboration. You represent D2L as a good industry citizen in the development Ed-Tech community & IMS/1Edtech
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Provide ongoing support and advice to partners seeking integration assistance
- Provide technical integration consulting for LTI, API and the entire platform’s extensibility framework
- Administer dedicated instances and the shared development instance for all partners
- Administer Integration Hub and the individual partner listings
- Act as an escalation point for D2L Support, as issues arise that require partner collaboration
- Ensure adherence to an established set of integration development best practices
- Ensure that D2L-ers have access to integration demos and updated documentation
- Respond efficiently to internal questions through mediums like in slack and email
- Assist managing the developer community, answering questions and post updates
- Keep partners in the loop on the latest impactful updates via the Brightspace community
- Attend conferences and bolster the relationships with partners at global events, including Fusion
- Collaborate closely with the LTI, API and SIS Product Managers
- Assist in the onboarding/validation of potential partners
- Process keytool requests for API application change
- Identify opportunities to continue to use Partner solutions as learning tools for the global field sales team
- Familiarize yourself with the various partner options available across partner tool categories
Competencies (What you will bring to the role):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and organize/prioritize work independently
- At least 2 years of relevant experience supporting client needs for integrating enterprise systems
- At least 2 years of experience working with Internet technologies
- Strong business analysis skills, including comfortably communicating with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to elicit requirements and articulate solutions that best leverage the capabilities of Brightspace
- knowledgeable in Information Technology basics, including systems integration/implementation, and solution architecture
- Highly proactive and independent
- AS, BS or BA degree in a computer related field preferred. Equivalent work experience will be accepted in place of the education requirement.
- 2+ years’ experience in troubleshooting technical issues in a client facing role
- 3+ years working with technology platforms OR API partner and developer programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.