D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Are you passionate about the intersection of education, corporate learning, and technology, and looking to make a significant impact on the future of higher education and the world of work? We're looking for a Skills Consultant who can excel in a dynamic, forward-thinking environment as part of our D2L for Business offering. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in shaping the future of adult learners' opportunities by bridging the gap between skills and employment. The Skills Consultant will lead consulting initiatives with corporate clients, focusing on job families, profiles, skills mapping, and content selection. You'll also leverage your deep experience in working with data sources like Lightcast and O*NET, as well as your background in corporate learning and development. If you have experience with national skills networks, that's a plus. If you bring a keen awareness of workforce trends, excellent project management skills, and the ability to simplify complex data into actionable strategies, then you're the type of candidate we're looking for in this role.
How Will I Make an Impact:
- Develop relationships and open communication channels with key stakeholders across the organization
- Establish a vision for using research to better connect the future of higher education with the future of work, especially in areas providing better opportunities for adult learners
- Effectively and efficiently disseminate knowledge of labor, education, and technology trends to key stakeholders across D2L
- Leads, as a high-level individual contributor, skills-consulting with corporate clients around job families, job profiles and descriptions, skills mapping, and content selection to bridge skills gaps
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Keen knowledge of trends in workforce, corporate learning and development, and training
- Experience managing complex and collaborative projects
- A strong grasp of key scholarship, research tools, and data sources, as well as larger trends in higher education and the US workforce, including trends in education and workforce technology
- Advanced knowledge of workforce tech innovations and their ability to provide adult learners bridges to better opportunity
- Excellent data analysis and strategic thinking skills to simplify complex data into effective consulting deliverables that inform institutional strategies
- Solid working knowledge in consulting skills that result in teamwork, diplomacy, and service
- Advanced knowledge of skills taxonomies and ontologies within corporate learning and development
- Deep experience working with Lightcast and other skills-based data sources (including O*NET or other industry-specific skills data sources)
- Background in corporate learning and development field
- Experience with national skills networks a plus (Credential Engine, OSN, etc.)
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.