Software Test Developer
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Do you have the talent and drive to help us change how the world learns? Test Developers at D2L are passionate about building quality, secure, high performing software. They tackle tough technical and non-technical testing challenges.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
You will contribute to technology that will transform teaching and learning for millions of people. Improving education for millions of people provides a rare opportunity to make a real and significant difference in the world!
- You will work on an Agile development team which includes Developers, Testers, Designers, a Technical Product Manager, and a Development Manager
- Teams can tackle any problem in any area, ensuring exposure to a variety of problems and technologies
- All members of the team contribute to the definition, requirements, development, and testing of the problems we are solving
- Our testers are flexible, and can adapt how they spend their time according to the needs of their team and projects
- Take charge of your team’s overall quality strategy; help the team to adapt and optimize for quality up front, rather than providing a safety net to catch failures
- Leverage your strengths to help your team improve quality in various ways: perhaps you’ll contribute to product code, participate in code reviews, design and write automated tests, plan and execute exploratory testing, implement reliability engineering strategies, or take on any other activities that will help your team increase confidence in what they’re building
- Coach other members of your team about how to approach quality-related activities, and foster a mature quality culture within the team
- Be a compelling communicator of quality concerns
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
Your experience is important, but most of all we are looking for people who are quick to learn, passionate about what they do, and are eager to collaborate with others to create innovative products that will delight and inspire our users. In general we are looking for:
- You are an expert in finding defects and design issues in software during all phases of the software development process
- You have a high bar for quality, software performance, and security
- You create and nurture feedback loops to provide information for continuous improvement of testing
- You identify risks and gaps in analysis and test coverage through sound critical thinking
- You design effective automation tests and contribute to automation frameworks
- You collaborate effectively, helping your team to develop testable features, and identifying test tasks during design
- You are passionate about our users and are their advocates in the development process
OPEN, COLLABORATIVE, LEARNING
- Join one of D2L's Communities of Practice to sharpen your skills and discuss big picture issues
- Attend one of many internal lunch and learns
- Attend conferences and workshops
- Propose approaches to solve common problems - we welcome all new ideas
- Mentor and learn
- Be an active member of the testing community, always pushing the boundaries of testing methodologies
Bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.