Employee Relations & Operations Specialist- 12 months contract
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Employee Relations & Operations Specialist role at D2L is responsible for a wide range of critical functions within D2L. It involves managing employee relations, M&A project management, PnC operations, and enhancing the overall employee experience. The role also involves collaborating with various stakeholders, including PnC Business Partners, legal counsel, and senior leaders, to support the strategic goals of the organization. The focus is on maintaining a positive company culture, compliance with HR policies, and data-driven decision-making.
How Will I Make an Impact?
- Employee Relations:
- Proactively identify, investigate, and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Conduct thorough and impartial investigations into complaints, disputes, and grievances.
- Collaborate with PnC Business Partners and management to develop effective strategies for resolving issues.
- Partner with legal counsel when necessary to address legal matters related to employee relations
- Conflict Resolution:
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees on conflict resolution and interpersonal issues.
- Mediate disputes and facilitate conversations to reach mutually satisfactory resolutions.
- Training and Development:
- Develop and deliver training programs and workshops related to employee relations, communication, and conflict resolution.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in employee relations practices.
- Mergers & Acquisition Project Management
- Develop an M&A project plan aligned with the strategic goals and objectives of the organization
- Oversee the execution of the integration plan, ensuring that tasks are completed on schedule
- Identify key stakeholders and establish communication and reporting mechanism
- Help keep stakeholders on track with project deliverables
- Work closely with Senior Leaders to ensure accurate project tracking for PnC
- Develop and execute comprehensive integration plans, ensuring a smooth transition of employees and processes
- PnC Operations:
- Prepare reports and recommendations to support data-driven decision-making.
- Work with peers and leaders to drive and optimize metrics across PnC
- Offer insights and guidance on operational best practices for PnC
- Help keep PnC on top of key initiatives, upcoming dates, and various projects, following up with stakeholders as needed to ensure deadlines are met
- Provide oversight on PnC OKR updates process and manage the OKR templates, facilitate meetings as needed
- Provide regular operational status updates to SVP, PnC and People Operations Manager
- Contribute to continuous process and operational improvements and best practices to influence PnC strategies
- Participate in People & Culture projects and ad hoc requests as required
- Employee Experience
- Conduct and analyze exit interview, turnover and onboarding trends, partnering with PnC Business Partners and Talent Management
- Conduct and analyze stay interviews and make recommendations, partnering with PnC Business Partners and Talent Management
- Assisting with employee survey roll out and actions with talent management
- Provide time-limited support to the SVP of People & Culture and P&C Business Partners in executing specific initiatives
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in progressive Human Resources role
- Must be knowledgeable on key legal issues associated with HR practices (particularly Canada, US, and other countries where D2L maintains an entity)
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, written and oral communication, and analytical skills
- Able to collaborate with people leaders and employees to identify and resolve issues that achieve a balance between business needs and employee needs and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Confident, approachable and have the capacity to understand multiple perspectives, possessing a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Engaging and a strong communicator with a focus on relationship building and maintaining a positive company culture
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; appreciates the importance of data integrity
- Experience using an HRIS and proven ability to work with MS Office tools
- Ability to work under pressure
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of s
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.