Senior Director, Product Management (Brightspace)
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
If leading a best-in-class platform at a mission driven EdTech SaaS organization that is changing the way the world learns sounds exciting, this role is for you!
At D2L, we are driven by the belief that everyone deserves access to high-quality education, regardless of age, ability, or location. So, we have been focused for over 20 years on creating unique learner-centric platforms backed by learning science that increase adoption, retention, engagement and deliver on learning outcomes. And the accessibility of our learning platforms happens by design.
The Senior Director of Product Management for the Brightspace Platform will be a part of the product leadership team at D2L, and will lead the product roadmap definition and execution that is focused on achieving business results.
How will I make an impact?
- Grow the market share for Brightspace by driving the rethink of what Learning Management means for Higher Ed, K12 and Corporate customers
- Lead the product roadmap definition and execution that is focused on achieving business results, partnering with Design and Engineering
- Articulate and cascade the benefits of new features and the future direction of the platform to customers and internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales, Services, Support, Legal, and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute GTM plans
- Launch innovative and value-generating products and features frequently, test their performance, and iterate quickly
- Advise and seek input from key stakeholders across all phases of the product life cycle
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships with industry leading vendors and system implementers to augment the product offering
- Define, monitor, measure, analyze and report regularly on key business and customer metrics and usage funnels
- Attract and lead a talented, diverse, equitable and inclusive team of product managers
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Strong communication and interaction skills - need to be extremely comfortable presenting to internal executives, stakeholders, and external customers, and managing customer expectations
- Ability to Mentor and lead people leaders, providing the resources and fostering environment for high performance teams
- Demonstrates expert ability to influence at senior levels of the organization
- Identifies future opportunities and develops action plans to best utilize the opportunity.
- Demonstrates positive, professional, and credible reputation both internally and externally. Utilizes networks and working relationships to identify strategic opportunities and potential partnerships.
- Realigns resources aimed at assisting the organization in reaching strategic priorities
- Success in growing the market share with major products, and improving product impact velocity
- Ability to create the environment and resources needed to successfully deliver on execution plans in support of the strategy and vision.
- Ability to research, define, measure and report of business fundamentals for a product or portfolio of products
- Create, socialize, align, and measure strategies in support of the higher-level vision.
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
- Product Management leadership experience in B2B SaaS products across hundreds of customers and 100K+ users
- Experience with learning management or edtech products; both is a big plus
- Strong background in learning science, curriculum or assessment
- P&L ownership experience for SaaS B2B products is a big plus
- Degree or Diploma in computer science, engineering, or a similar technical field, or equivalent work experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.