Marketing Coordinator - Global Events - Winter 2024 Co-op
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
What would my main duties be?
Customer Marketing Initiatives and Event Coordination and Support
- Support and assist team with event coordination, administrative, and logistics duties for key event and advocacy experiences and customer marketing priorities, reporting, and enablement.
- Event support would include things like managing the Fusion and D2LExperience email inboxes, event data/lists/systems admin, event data/reporting and KPI tracking, coordinating and follow-up of cross-functional project tasks action/tasks, assisting with planning/set-up logistics for events, review and testing virtual event platforms and related tech, day-of event coordination and support, etc.
- Customer Marketing support would include things like advocacy system admin, coordinating project tasks and activities, reporting and KPI tracking, cross-functional task follow-up, project coordination, research, and assistance with program tasks.
Event and Customer Marketing Communications and Calendar Co-ordination –
- Aid cross-functional event communications and event calendar alignment
- Maintain event schedule and event communications schedule and customer marketing performance tracking
- Coordinate updates/changes and related communications with cross-functional communications leads (internal and external)
- Help to provide awareness and alignment of Events and Customer Marketing communication plan with other internal/external communications leads within D2L
Vendor and Venue Research and Sourcing
- Assist in in-person event venue sourcing and research
- Research virtual networking solutions/app vendors based on criteria provided
- Research unique swag giveaway, ‘event kit’, and exhibit booth vendors options and solutions based on goals provided
- Once vendors / venues identified, create a grid comparing the specific offerings and make recommendations on which would suggest proceeding with
- Coordinate sourcing and inventory monitoring of swag/giveaways/event kits and exhibit assets as needed to support our self-service event asset portal and various customer marketing and event activities.
Copywriting and Collateral Review and Copywriting –
- Event promotion and Customer Marketing and Event enablement asset creation support
- Copywriting for event website, customer marketing and event email campaigns, social and other digital event promotion, enablement toolkits, and other internal and external event and/or customer marketing communications and digital assets
- Coordinate the proper proofread and reviews of communication/copywriting
- Coordinate the creation, updating, and deployment of information updates, graphics, and supporting digital and print assets with appropriate internal groups and external vendors
Competitive Event and Customer Marketing Experience Research
- Visit the websites of key competitors and top events and customer marketing touchpoints and experiences both in and outside of our industry
- Take specific actions including visiting landing pages, registering and attending virtual events, requesting additional information, assets, etc. (specifics to be provided)
- Capture communications and advertising presented, what experiences they are providing to their customers, how their web pages and events are structured, what tools they are using, assets they provide, how they continue engagement throughout customer journey, etc.
Who are we looking for?
- Star student enrolled in marketing, communications, event management, or project management program with the following competencies:
- Advanced communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication writing and/or copywriting skills
- Exceptional organizational skills including multi-tasking and time management
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, think fast under pressure, and work independently in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with MS Excel and comfortable with learning new systems quickly
- Creative mindset and stamina to try new things and figure out how to continuously improve
- Experience with planning or coordinating cross-functional events, cross-functional projects, and/or communication writing would be an asset
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.